• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG Export of smaller artboard from within main artboard shows areas outside of the artboard.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I export a small Artboard (a small portion of the main artboard) as an SVG and not show areas outside of this small artboard? When I export now, and view it, the export will show areas with minimal detail outside of the artboard borders. PDF exports look correct with no areas outside the artboard visible. Searching for this answer yielded no results. But I may not be using proper terminology in my search. Using Illustrator 27.4.1. Thank you!Web capture_23-4-2023_20226_MarkUp.jpeg

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Suncast Studios,

Thanks for reaching out. To ensure that the exported SVG only shows the small artboard and not areas outside of it, you can follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have selected the elements you want to export.
  2. Go to "File" > "Export".
  3. In the Export window, select "SVG" as the file format.
  4. Click on the "Use Artboards" checkbox to ensure that only the selected elements inside the artboard area are exported.
  5. In the "Options" section, you can adjust the settings to your preference. Make sure that the "Responsive" checkbox is unchecked and that the "Minify" checkbox is checked to reduce the file size.
  6. Click "Export" to save the SVG file.

If you still see areas outside of the artboard after following these steps, it's possible that there are objects or elements outside of the artboard that needs to be deleted or hidden. You can check for this by going to "View" > "Outline" to see all the objects in your artwork.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anshul, I will try this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Suncast Studios! I'm glad that I could assist you. Let us know how it goes. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines