• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Cursor Shouldn't Blink Unless Resting

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator, the text cursor continues to blink even when typing or moving around a text box using arrow keys. This makes it difficult to keep track of the cursor while making text edits. And it drives me insane.

Compare this to any text box in any other app, where the cursor only blinks when "resting" (some short period of interactivity). How did Illustrator fail at such basic and crucial usability? How do we get it fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been that way since 1987, and there are no options to change that. Does not bother me and have never heard any complaints about this, but then not sure if yours is blinking differently that a standard setup.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I've never noticed that. And now I can't unnotice it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have never noticed the blinking either, that's is a great spot.

I think it's one of those things that might disturb some users more than others. I am cool with it personally.

Like Mike said it may warrant a feature request.

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should bother anyone who uses arrow keys to navigate a text box. Don't be an Adobe apologist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines