Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Heavy Logo Blurry on Export both Illustrator and Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've exhaustively looked through these forums and can't seem to find a solution to my problem--I feel like I've tried everything and maybe I'm missing something obvious, so here is my issue:

I created a logo in Illustrator that is mosty text. It exports beautifully at about 1000px,

300Smart Aire Logo.png

but I need to export it around 300px, as the resizing of the 1000px makes it appear blurry. I do resize it in Illustrator, so the fonts and line weights are modified there, but whenever I export it below 1000px, it gets fuzzy:

TESTTTYYYSmart Aire Logo.png

I've also tried resizing in photoshop with no luck. Any ideas oh wise ones? Thank you all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try reverse the concept. What I mean go first 1000px starting, and end for 300px.

And convert the files

I think everything is  find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! Do you mean export it at 1000px and then resize in photoshop to 300px? (If so, I've tried that... and it looks great in photoshop, but when I export as png it becomes blurry again). If not, apologies for misunderstanding. My brain is a bit fried from all the time I've spent trying to simply export a crisp png.

I'm not sure if it's because it's text? I make logos and graphics all the time and have never had this issue. Just updated to the latest version of both in cloud and am now having problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300 pixels is just not that much, so you will need to expect to see pixels.

Don't expect it to behave as in Illustrator. You cannot zoom into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that makes sense... It's appearing blurry on the site sized at 300px and not zoomed in. I've exported plenty of things at 300px or smaller and it has been crisp. I'm not sure why it's not working for me now. I'm super stuck as to how to get it to export crisp.  See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 12.55.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're viewing it on a HD screen, you can export it at 2x and then use CSS to display it at 1x. So in other words, export it at 600px and then do something like #logo {width:300px}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-- I'll try that! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also export it as a SVG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me, given the smaller size. What do you expect when you eliminate 93% of the detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I get that. I guess that's my point--is there anyway to preserve detail? It looks bad, in my opinion... fuzzy logo isn't a great look and I don't think the client will be super pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Allyson,

Did Kris's suggestion resolve the blurry image issue for you? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines