• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text on path/curve is disappearing after reopening the file in Illustrator v27.7

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bug/issue on curviligne Text / text on path or curve.

After designing and saving the Illustrator file, everything seems normal.

Once I reopen the Illustrator file, then the text that has been placed on a curve (Type on a Path) disappears.

This has happened in different working files of mine.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Anubhav,

I was actually given the go ahead to get the latest version (28.6) installed on my workstation today, and to my surprise, my quick initial test was successful. Hoping others are able to do the same, I will be back to report my experience after a more thorough test drive... Thanks, so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Hello everyone,

Our team has tried addressing this problem in Illustrator 28.6. Would you mind updating to the latest version of Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/4dhoeiu) and sharing your observations?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 111 Replies 111
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for communicating with ESKO. I've let @Anshul_Saini know that I or someone on my team without the plug-in can be available to replicate the problem. Just waiting for a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Ton, for pointing this out. The reason I was unable to replicate the issue is that I was working on Illustrator 28.6, and it was not reproducible in that version. It's good to hear that the issue appears to be resolved in the upcoming 28.6 release.

I would request everyone experiencing this problem to wait for the official release later this month. In the meantime, you can try installing the Illustrator Beta build 28.7 or Prerelease build 28.6 as a workaround.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, I hope it is solved in the next version, fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator Version 28.5 (64bit)
Same Problem: Type on a Path Text disappears and letters are scattered around the document, even outside the artboards. The Type object is where it should be though and is also selectable.

Solution: that works for me: Select the Text-Object or the corresponding Text-Layer and apply any edit (like reapplying the color, or just move it a bit and then move it back). It seems to be some kind of a rendering bug, becaus applying any edit causes the text ro re-render and renders the text correctly again. In a larger document with severel Type on a Path objects I just selected everything, moved it a bit with one of the arrow keys and then just undid the last action. This caused to display all text-along-path objects correctly as the were re-rendered again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jürgen, well thats true but this workarround is not a permanent solution as the issue reappears, every time when you reopen the file. That time the preview in illustrator seems to be right but if you export any file like jpg or png the text is missing. That means you need to do this workarround every time ehen you open a file. In a production environment, this is a no-go as it is only up to the user to rember performing this workarround, if the forget, and humans do mistakes, the output will be incomplete and wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you're absolutely right, this is not a "solution", I should have written "workaround" instead of "solution that works for me".
I just posted it, because the first time I encountered this bug, it took me quite some time to find all corrupted instances of "Type on a Path"-text, and with the "Select All" and move with the array key e.g. one right and then one left again, you cannot forget any "Type on a Path"-Text instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Illustrator update this morning - but no word of the type bug fix in the summary. WTF? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new/2024-6.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHA @gloriacatherine  you are absolutly right. I had downlaoded and tested the new version this morning already and I can confirm - it is finally resolved! WOHOO!!

but yes - seems that this issue was judged as a "minor bug" therefore not important enough to annouce the fix in the release notes... well it just tooks a year, one major release and a couple of minor releases to get it fixed...
congratulation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WAS NOT A MINOR BUG 

but yayyy! thank you for confirming!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we can’t expect a “Feature Summary” to advertise a problem that has plagued us for this much time... I’m hoping my system admin will not wait too long to update my Mac, but I’m at their mercy, too, I guess!?

I truly hope that the latest version actually fixes this insidious issue, but I am VERY thankful to those of you that came up with actual workarounds, for this interim period! Thanks to everyone still watch this thread!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Our team has tried addressing this problem in Illustrator 28.6. Would you mind updating to the latest version of Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/4dhoeiu) and sharing your observations?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anubhav,

I was actually given the go ahead to get the latest version (28.6) installed on my workstation today, and to my surprise, my quick initial test was successful. Hoping others are able to do the same, I will be back to report my experience after a more thorough test drive... Thanks, so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines