• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text to vector graphic does not work in Illustrator 2024 v28.0 getting error something went wrong

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new vector generation tool does not work, it loads the 3 options and when it finishes it says that something went wrong and the program slows down.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Hi @paholoc74253165 @designbyoomph @Stefano E @Nick26805734z5d8,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your experiences with the Text to Vector Graphic (Beta) feature in Adobe Illustrator 2024. 

I understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that the team is doing its best to find a solution and resolve the issue. I'll keep you updated as soon as there are any developments or solutions to this problem. In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/939477-illustrator-desktop-beta-bugs/suggestions/47336153-generating-doesn-t-work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Hi All,

We are sorry for this experience, @David33683667ynpe. We have already escalated the issue to the product team. The product team has requested to collect the performance log to further investigate. Here are the steps:

• Close Adobe Illustrator > Launch Command Prompt > Paste the following command and hit Enter set AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 && "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2024\Support
    On Mac, launch the app from the Terminal app:
    AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2024/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leankiss15,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the new Text to Vector Graphics tool. To help you better, could you please provide more information?

• Could you share a screenshot of the error message you receive? This will help us understand the specific issue you're facing.

• Does this problem occur with all documents, or is it specific to certain files? If it's specific to certain documents, please let us know if there's a pattern or any common characteristics among them.

• Can you also clarify the specific prompts or input you are using? This information will assist in troubleshooting the problem.

With these details, we'll do our best to assist you in resolving the issue and getting the tool to work as expected.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

está en todos los documentos, cuando pongo generar cualquier prompt, sale el letrero generando y ves que esta generando las 3 alternativas, pero cuando llega al final no genera nada y dice "algo salió mal" y se bloquea el programa es tilda mucho cuando eso sucede, solo pasa cuando terminas de generar las 3 opciones, Esto está sucediendo en una MacBook con iOS Monterrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having the same error on a Macbook Pro. Text to Vector runs through, generates variations and then at the very end, the error appears that says "Something went wrong" I first tried with the setting "Match artboard style" toggled on. Then I tried with it off. I tried in a new document. Same error each time. After the error appears, Illustrator stops responding and I need to Force Quit. The prompt I entered was "cute woodland bear". See screen shots attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a mac laptop from 2021 and when I try to AI in Illustrator it loads about 75% of the generated scene, object, etc. and then does not complete.  I can see it generating in the properties panel but it never materializes on the art board!

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tracyf66981593,

Sorry to hear about your experience. To investigate this further, would you mind sharing some more information?

• Could you share a screenshot of the error message (if any)

• Does this problem occur with all documents, or is it specific to certain files? If it's specific to certain documents, please let us know if there's a pattern or any common characteristics among them.

• Can you also share the specific prompts or input you are using?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there wasnt an error message - I was trying to generate a "desert" scene and a "forest" scene and the images would begin to generate to the right but the loading bar would get to about 3/4 of the way and stop.  The images never generated.  I restarted and updated everything to make sure everything was up to date and it still wouldn't work.  even tried a smaller artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tracyf66981593,

Thanks for confirming the details. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn’t help! My class starts tomorrow, and I plan on introducing the class to the new AI features of Illustrator. Is there anything else you could suggest if a student cannot get the AI prompts to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if it already has been mentioned in this long thread, but if their accounts are managed by school IT, then the feature could be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer in question is a private computer so that would not be the issue. I will be teaching this to my students starting today and am just wondering if there will be any updates for this feature to maybe combat the problem.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @tracyf66981593,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with the new AI features in Adobe Illustrator. To help you better, could you provide more details:

• Are the students using computers with lower specifications? If possible, share the system specifications, such as the processor, RAM, and graphics card.
  • Are they experiencing the error message "something went wrong" or black squares when trying to use the Text to Vector Graphic?
  • Confirm the version of Adobe Illustrator they are using, whether it's v28.0 or v28.1.

Also, please share the performance log for investigation. The steps are here:

• Close Adobe Illustrator > Launch Command Prompt > Paste the following command and hit Enter set AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 && "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2024\Support
    On Mac, launch the app from the Terminal app:
    AI_ENABLE_LOGS=1 "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2024/Adobe https://adobe.ly/3HnQ2DH Illustrator"
  • Launch Illustrator and start using Text to Vector, and the logs then shall be accessible at
    Windows: %appdata%\Adobe\Logs\Adobe Illustrator\28.0\Adobe Illustrator\AIPerformance.log
    Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator/28.0/Adobe Illustrator/AIPerformance.log
  • Upload this AIPerformance.log file to Google Drive/Dropbox and share a public download link here so that we can share it with the product team.

Additionally, if you or your students encounter any other specific error messages, please share them so we can provide more targeted assistance. This information will help diagnose and resolve the issue more effectively.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same problem, no specific document, also with one of the default suggested text prompts.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 19.28.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the same thing happens with the defaults in an empty document and also try with a rectangle, only happens with the macbook in windows 10 anda perfect, with the macbook I get that red banner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your hardware specifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my macbook has
processor: 1.8 ghz intel core i7 dual core
ram memory: 8gb
graphics: intel HD graphics 6000 1536MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 8 GB of RAM it's not surprising that something does not work. Minimum recommended amount of RAM is 16 GB. 8 GB is just sufficient for Illustrator to launch at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But 16 GB does not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

También en mi otra computadora que tiene Windows 10 también tiene 8GB de RAM y tiene 12 años y funciona perfectamente, el problema es solo con la Macbook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ton Frederiks  schrieb:

But 16 GB does not work either.

I have 32 on my machines, so I can't say anything on that. I hope the system requirements page gets an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for sharing the system details. Could you please also confirm the default app language?

Anshul_Saini_0-1697042547101.png

- Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

estaba en español, pero lo cambié a inglés y me da el mismo error, en windows 10 está en español y funciona perfecto, el problema es solo con el macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue here also. MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.2GHz 16 Gb RAM, OS Monterey 12.7. Takes a long time processing it and then at the end I also get the red box with the error "Something went wrong, please try again". It also slows down my entire macbook to a crawl and when I look at the CPU temperature it shoots up to 79ËšC and the fan is working hard!! If I quit Illustrator it then comes back down to 47ËšC and the fan goes off. If I reboot Illustrator and dont use the text to vector graphic function all is well, speed is normal as is temperature. Only when I use this new Beta function does it stop working. Hope this feedback is of help.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mí me pasa exactamente lo mismo, necesitamos una solución.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can make toast when it is processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines