• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The newest version of Adobe illustrator broke my image trace

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for whatever reason, this new version of illustrator exaggerates the colors on the image trace tool. All I want is 16, and it gave me 502. And I can't find any settings To change it back. Switch it back to the old version and works like a charm. Please fix this this would have been a nightmare if I was on a time crunch with a client. Luckily this was just an experiment

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Hi @magufway @Michael274495003rzu,

I am glad to inform you that the issue is resolved with the Ai v27.1.1 released recently. Please update the app and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the image trace functionality has been totally ruined in version 27.1. What have adobe done to it. Its now unusable. Please fix this asap, it worked perfectly in the older versions. I cant even live trace the simpliest of black and white images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I cant even live trace the simpliest of black and white images." - SAME HERE. Used to be able to fine-tune this process to my heart's content - now everything comes out looking like garbage. Completely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

If this persists after rebooting and resetting the preferences, you might want to report it as a bug. illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same result. Illustrator 26.5.2 with the 16 colour preset:

DougARoberts_0-1670322624735.png

Illustrator 27.1:

DougARoberts_1-1670322663573.png

Added a uservoice post:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/46047355-image-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some changes made in image trace in the 27.1.

It does not use the default as in previous versions, but tries to detect the kind of image and the best preset to use. Cannot find a way to turn it off (and cannot find the "what's new" info).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rama, it must have been posted recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the real time color preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is still hard to get at this information.

Clicking Help > What's New in Illustrator gives info on the October release.

The CC App shows nothing about changes to Image Trace.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 11.27.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Live trace on basic black and white logos / images is far worse than it was on the previous version, no matter how many settings are adjusted. For example under the 'Sketched Art' preset the results are absolutely terrible. Its like using a version of illustrator from 15 years ago. There is no clarity what so ever. Why make the best fuction of illustrator now the worst?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you should say that, as many people seemed to consider Live Trace (Image Trace pre-CS6, so at least 13 years ago) better for black & white images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. The product team is aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. This will be addressed in a future release. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice created by Doug (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/46047355-image-...) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates on it.

For now, you may revert to the previous version of Ai. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to inform you that the issue is resolved with the Ai v27.1.1 released recently. Please update the app and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's better then the version before, but in my experience still sub par to what I was used to, by a lot.

I've attached an image to show the difference between Ai 22 and Ai 23 (post update)

The top image is '22 and below is '23.

Same image, and same input into 'image trace' in this case the 6 color preset.

I am used to do a little bit of clean up and touch up,but this is an unacceptable amount of artifacts.

So for now I am forced to stick to the 22 version because my workflow is highly dependant of the live trace function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already update it to 27.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ivoj23023310,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your observation. Would you mind sharing the sample image you used for the image trace and a screenshot of the image trace setting used in Ai 22 & 23? It would really help us investigate the issue further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love if they included a legacy option in preferences to revert to the older trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines