• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tips for Creating Desires Design

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me out by giving me some tips or pointing me in the right direction about how to make this deisgn. I want to take the black pencil and turn it into something very similar to the yellow pencil, just without the sharp points--I want a rounded W. I have been using Illustrator for years, but only to manipulate graphics, not to create a deisgn as in-depth as this one. I have the pencil broken up into its parts, so basically I just need to know how to turn the middle of the pencil into the W, and then I can pop the tip and eraser back on.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me!

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Drag it into the brushes panel. Make art brush. Set up like this: Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 05.24.21.pngScreenshot 2023-06-01 at 05.24.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Try this for the rounded W.

With the Pen tool, click to create the basic shape. Make nice clean clicks and be careful not to drag the Pen tool. If necessary, you can adjust the anchor points with the Direct Selection tool.

image.png

Select the 3 inner anchor points with the Direct Selection tool. You can either drag around them with the direct selection tool or click one of the points and Shift click to add the others.

image.png

Then drag one of the small circles to round the points. (The points can be selected i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Bradley, Hi.

Here I created a Pencil Art brush with Stretch Between Guilds as Monika suggested.

I applied it to a W path. Hmm… Notice those bands are distorted and wonkie!!!

So to correct, I increased the width of the W thus making the angles less acute.

Applied the Art Brush. Now it is good to go.

K

Screen Pencil.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag it into the brushes panel. Make art brush. Set up like this: Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 05.24.21.pngScreenshot 2023-06-01 at 05.24.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I used dall three of these answers in combination and got exactly what I needed! You are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this for the rounded W.

With the Pen tool, click to create the basic shape. Make nice clean clicks and be careful not to drag the Pen tool. If necessary, you can adjust the anchor points with the Direct Selection tool.

image.png

Select the 3 inner anchor points with the Direct Selection tool. You can either drag around them with the direct selection tool or click one of the points and Shift click to add the others.

image.png

Then drag one of the small circles to round the points. (The points can be selected individually if you want a different roundness for different parts of the W.)

image.png

You can select the 2 outer anchor points and move them down, if that's how hou want your design.

image.png

Select the whole object with the Selection tool (not the Direct Selection tool).

Choose Object > Path > Offset Path, enter the Offset and click OK.

image.png

Make sure that the shapes have a stroke color but do not have a fill color.

image.png

With the Direct Selection tool select the outer stroke and adjust the stroke weight.

Then select the inner stroke and adjust the stroke weight.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I used all three of these answers in combination and got exactly what I needed! You are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bradley, Hi.

Here I created a Pencil Art brush with Stretch Between Guilds as Monika suggested.

I applied it to a W path. Hmm… Notice those bands are distorted and wonkie!!!

So to correct, I increased the width of the W thus making the angles less acute.

Applied the Art Brush. Now it is good to go.

K

Screen Pencil.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! I used your suggestion in addition to Monika and Barbara's and got exactly what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines