• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch gestures not working in Illustrator on Windows system

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a new weird issue that has come up to illustrator. that is, whenever I try to use touch gestures on my touch screen, they never work
I tried reinstalling the software and os itself
I'm using a  Lenovo a94

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

I spoke too soon. I just found a solution!

Just disable and re-enable the touch screen driver. 

Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-Compliant-Touch screen

Right-click on the HID-Compliant-Touch screen and choose "Disable Device" (This will make the touch screen stop working, so use a mouse). Then right-click again and choose "enable device".

More info on drivers for touch screen: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-unresponsive-windows-10-touchscreen/

This worked for me, all th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, could you please share the exact version of Illustrator and operating system you are working on?

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on 2020 right now and I'm on windows right now
still no luck with this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying back. Are Touch gestures working fine with other applications (like InDesign)? Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my Lenovo Yoga940. In Illustrator, the gestures work once, and then not again. They work fine in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have a look at jeffreyb56626816 's answer
it helped me 
my touch gestures works just fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Lenovo Yoga A940 as well. The touchscreen works great with photoshop (pinch to zoom, pan, etc). But in illustrator, it works only one time when first opening AI, then it stops working. What's also weird, is, I believe there is supposed to be an "Enable Gestures" setting in illustrator. But I don't see it. I'm thinking it doesn't recognize the Yoga A940 as a touch device, likely an issue with the drivers on the computer (Lenovo's responsibility) or some error in how Illustrator communicates with the computer/ drivers. So we should all bug Lenovo to take a look at this, because this needs to be fixed, since it is a very basic, but very necessary feature, especially for a computer whose whole purpose and is designed ariuond such functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have a look at jeffreyb56626816 's answer
it helped me 
my touch gestures works just fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. I just found a solution!

Just disable and re-enable the touch screen driver. 

Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-Compliant-Touch screen

Right-click on the HID-Compliant-Touch screen and choose "Disable Device" (This will make the touch screen stop working, so use a mouse). Then right-click again and choose "enable device".

More info on drivers for touch screen: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-unresponsive-windows-10-touchscreen/

This worked for me, all the gestures, pinch to zoom, etc now work fine in illustrator. Give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voila!!!!!
it works now
thanks a lot 
being an illustrator, this thing was making me bonkers that I had to use affinity for a while
now I can use illustrator for my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines