• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning transparent bitmap image into vector. White solid lines keep disappearing.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! First time posting because I haven't been able to figure this out through searching. 

So I have an image (with some white ink lines) that I drew in procreate that needs to be vectorized. I figured that out along with making it transparent, but when I hit image trace (on High Fidelity) the white lines disappear. 

Is there a way to keep those lines? I was considering going back to procreate and doing a black outline just so it doesn't disappear, but if there's an easier way I'd love to hear it.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure about the trace settings you are actually using, but there is an option to ignore "white".

Is that option perhaps enabled while you are using auto-trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

White and transparent will be seen as the same by Image Trace.

You can try to create a background with a color that does not exist in your image.

Select the image and the background an choose Object > Rasterize, use the same resolution as your image.

Use Image Trace an delete the color of your background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines