• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type on path not working properly on Illustrator 2021 (v 25.2.2)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Illustrator has issues with text around circles.

Opening files created with the last version, the texts around circles are non anymore in place.

Havé you the same issues ?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43187394-bug-texte-curviligne

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's a known bug. that being the case, you may want to duplicate the layers and convert them to outlines while retaining the originals.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. It seems that creative cloud won't let me install previous version of any app, including illustrator, at the moment. Any answer for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to install a previous version and use the outline workaround as mentioned by Mylenium or install the beta for a fix.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43187394-change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriella,

What version of illustrator is the file before saving and after? There are some old versions of Ilustrator where the text engine got updated. Also what font are you using and is it loaded?

Without this info is difficult to assist you. If this is only happened to this one file, you may be best off editing the type on a path to fix, look in the menu  Type >> Type On A Path >> Options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I was working with the most recent version of illustrator when the problem occured. I manged to open the file in the 2020 version and the problem was resolved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be broken again in v 26.0.2.  This time if I move or scale (using standard pointer tool) a group that has text on a circular path on it, the position of the type on path gets completely 'cocked up'. If however you input a move or scale numerically via transform tab it is all ok. This is ridiculous for workflow and I can't believe fundamental stuff like this gets broken so often.

See attached screenshot for example.

I am running AI 26.0.2 on Windows 10 Build 19043.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in v 26.4.1. Any solutions to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, no solution found.

Sometimes, if you don't touch the bloc it doesn't move and sometimes it does…

but if you thouch it it moves!

Adobe doesn't seem concerned by all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think they'd put all previous issues in a database and save it on a computer so they can go through and check to see what they have to re-fix that were fixed previously, all those scraps of paper with TO DO on are getting lost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I'm slowly moving to Affinity.
The times Adobe were listening to their customers is gone obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started a new job today with a great laptop. I was asked to redo a logo to it'd be vector. I did that. Then I copied it over to a new AI file and tried to make the logo large in the file and discovered the pathed text moving around. I also discovered a piece of the drawing coming apart. You can see my forum post with images here.

I really need to know what the fix is for this. Can someone help please?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/text-on-path-moves-around-when-image-is-enlar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines