• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change an object's size - all it does is spin

Contributor ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rectangle in illustrator.  I need to expand the size.  For years, all I needed to do was select the rectangle, choose one of the white block handles, and drag it to the size I need.  Now when I do that, the box rotates on its center point.  It never increases in size.  I can't use a palette for this as it needs to be precise (I'm sure 99.9% of illustrator users have this same need).  Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to this?  Hopefully it is just something I need to click to change the way something is working!

Thank you so much!

GS

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does zoom in help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  Nothing really helped, but when I returned to the document after posting this question, magically it worked.  So, my guess is that this is just a bug, and maybe if I save and close illustrator and come back, it might work.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines