• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to click in transparent area of panels

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Illustrator 27.9 (also in Photoshop) on macOS 14.0 I'm unable to click in transparent areas of panels.

Anyone seen this before?

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 09.40.50.png

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

This bug has been fixed in macOS Sonoma 14.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved with the recent macOS update 14.1.1. Please ensure that you've updated your operating system (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541) and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, thanks. Another workaround which I use frequently is the tab key to hide/show all panels quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in Illustrator and Photoshop (14.1 upgrade overnight🤦🏻‍:male_sign:), I can't seem to click on the tools as It takes me directly to the finder. In OS settings>Desktop. I've switched 'click wallpaper to reveal desktop' to only in Stage Manager, but didn't help. Also, it doesn't seem to recognise any panels that are collapsed to icons just clicks straight through them like they're not there. The only thing that has helped is switching on Application frame in both Photoshop and Illustrator, not ideas as that's not how I normally work. (also reset workspaces to default and the problem is still there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The macOS Sanoma 14.1 update makes it worse: now when I want to click a tool or click on the toolbar itself I switch to the desktop as if the toolbar isn't there at all.

Switching "Click wallpaper to reveal desktop" to Only in Stage Manager does not fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switching on the application frame is the only workaround that I've found so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it's not as easy as using an application frame, there are ways to use it without an application frame. The link below is for Photoshop, but the steps are the same for Illustrator.
--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had similar reports for our software which is using transparent windows with some areas that are drawn on.. with 14.0 it seemed like the transparent windows were blocking mouse events that would have normally gone through to the visible content underneath; with 14.1 it appears that the visible contents are no longer clickable. In our testing someone noticed that it seems there is some y-flip happening e.g. if I have an area near the top of the screen with content I can click on, then if I click on it, the click goes through to the applicaiton behind, but if I click near the bottom of the screen underneath this content, then it stays there...

I'm starting to believe this is just a bug in Sonoma. Struggling to get a workaround here.. we can try to raise this with Apple of course, and if anyone from Adobe could do the same it may have more weight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been fixed in macOS Sonoma 14.1.1.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has on my end too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed! Whew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all good here :party_popper:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

We're pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved with the recent macOS update 14.1.1. Please ensure that you've updated your operating system (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541) and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines