• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export quality png after 2018 update

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was using Ai to create some simple math figure and it was fine exporting png
Then today, after the update my exported png all look like crap.8X8虛線格仔紙(周界版).png

未命名-1.png

it was default 300ppi when I was exporting png by AI 2017, but now its default 72ppi at AI 2018.
Even I change the setting back to 300ppi , the outcome png still looks like its a 72ppi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the file and screenshot of the export settings you have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was having the same problem, when i was doing

File > Export As...

selecting PNG and then setting the resolution to 72ppi / 150ppi / 300ppi

it defaults and saves as 72ppi even if you select 150 or 300.

but i think i found a solution/workaround.

if you go

File > Export > Export for Screens

you can actually select the resolution, etc. of the image you want to save

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 10.27.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this bug. The “Export as...” command outputs 72 dpi files, no matter what resolution I choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need an Information: Have all of you migrated preferences from the earlier release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the CS update outputting a high res (or low res) PDF from InDesign - a PNG created in Photoshop is defaulting to a totally broken up low res pixellated image.  Looks OK on screen using "High Quality Display" mode but PDF output is unusable.

PNG file is saved as 300dpi. If PNG default output has changed to 72dpi, how are we supposed to know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another FYI - same issue with low res output with a logo saved as an .ai file. If I re-save as .eps it's OK. Odd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

precky123  schrieb

If I re-save as .eps it's OK. Odd

What exactly does saving as an EPS "fix"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users have resolved this issue by resetting preferences. Please try that. Let me know if a preference reset does not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am I supposed to reset prefs by deleting them all in my Library Adobe preferences folder or is there a simpler way?

Not had to do that for years! As Kirudub says, this really hasn't been well thought out. I thought the days of being guinea pigs were over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easy way to reset prefs:

Do one of the following:

1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Seems to have worked, thankfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, just remember to save your workspace if you've made it custom, otherwise you'll need to go through the tedium of arranging all of the windows, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

precky123  schrieb

So am I supposed to reset prefs by deleting them all in my Library Adobe preferences folder or is there a simpler way?

Not had to do that for years! As Kirudub says, this really hasn't been well thought out. I thought the days of being guinea pigs were over.

Sure there is. You have already discovered it.

But renaming or removing the folder allows you to revert the reset. At times you might want to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, resetting prefs worked for me, but christ on a crutch, is Adobes' QA dept. asleep at the wheel?

I rest my prefs BEFORE the update, and AFTER. 2 pref resets (before I even knew that the export png problem existed, I just don't trust the software to do it right, TBH). 3rd time's the charm, eh?

I mean, the app defaults to PNG for exporting images; you'd think that someone would've done a test before they rolled the update out.

Sorry if I appear snarky, but I've used Adobe software since PShop 4, and the bugs never get completely squashed; they just get rolled into the next bug burrito that's touted as the new shiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a simpler Workaround: please execute the attached javascript using File menu>Scripts>Other scripts - shortcut  CMD+F12 on MAC and CTRL+F12 on Windows

Download the script from here: https://adobe.ly/2ipew7w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below-mentioned link.

Error exporting as PNG

Hope this helps!

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my 3/26 comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont even have this version available yet ... seriously this has not been a pleasant experience lately..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have this issue exporting to png. All exports are fuzzy and low resolution. I'm running AI v 22.1 Using export for screens and choosing png. What makes me laugh is that I'm exporting a logo for use as a signature plate in LR (v7.2) and the plate looks like crap. Using the suggested LR scale of 41px in height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 11.44.49 AM.jpg

I continue to have this issue exporting to png. All exports are fuzzy and low resolution. I'm running AI v 22.1 Using export for screens and choosing png. What makes me laugh is that I'm exporting a logo for use as a signature plate in LR (v7.2) and the plate looks like crap. Using the suggested LR scale of 41px in height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're exporting at a height of 41 pixels?

PNG is a raster based file. So there are 41 pixels to represent your artwork. What do you expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'd expect that if Illustrator requires that size, it would render it out better. I'll just rending w/black background to jpg I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines