• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator 2022 (26.0)

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Illustrator to v26, it will not load. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Installing the order version as well. All other Adobe programs work fine. Windows 10 Pro is up to date, Intel i7, 64gigs of ram.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2022 is loading for me, but freezes once I try to create a new file. I have shut down and restarted several times, but can't create a new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is has been reported by a few other users as well and it was found due the conflict with Trend Micro Antivirus.

Do you have this Anti-Virus installed on your machine? If yes, please make sure that Illustrator is added as an exception in the app settings. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, You are a super star.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional user of Illustrator on Windows for many years. I was having the same problem. I untinstalled it and reinstalled it several times. Even tried to run as administrator. This was the answer for my problem. I turned off Trend just to see if it would work and instantly I was able to run Illustrator and load my files. I'll go back in and set it as an exception in the app settings.

So thanks go to Srishti!!! You've saved me many headaches, time and headaches.

Super thanks to you! - Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Trend Micro Antivirus and I still have this problem. Tried adding Illustrator permission to Windows Defender but it changes nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using a windows machine, then look to add illustrator to the Windows firewall exception list. 

You can find it here: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed applications

Click change settings then allow another app you will need to locate the Adobe Illustrator 2022 app using the browse feature select then open then add then click okay. Now open Illistrator. 

Hope this works for you it did for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines