Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to rezise any object or text box

Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to resize any objects or text box in any document. I'm using Illustrator CS3. Bounding box and edge are already turned on. Could anyone help me please?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

As I've said, bounding box are already turned on.

It happens with any object or any text box in any document, even if I create a new document. I can't resize or rotate with the move tool (black arrow) and I also can't transform objects (moving only one line or one point..) with the direct selection tool (white arrow). The only thing I can do white these tools is select.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Shift + Ctrl + B  solution worked for me aswell, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "correct answer" is not the answer. The answer is in the comment below it (trash preferences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. It was the bounding boxes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem on CS 2015. Is it an upgrade problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the object or box, and hold down shift + command + B

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the View tab and select "Show Bounding Box"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same exact problem tonight. Been in Illustrator for several hours and then bah! couldnt do anything.

Thank you for posting the question and thank you to those that provided the answer to fixing!!! saved me a few hours frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2009 Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

123 should  mark this answered as we can see it would help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS DIDNT WORK FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What didn't work? If you are trying to reset the preferences then you need to mash the keys as you click on Open/restart of the application. If you do it right you will get a confirmation dialog asking if you wish to reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try Shift+ctrl+B?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try Shift+ctrl+B?

Please reread original post as well as posts 10 and 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome!!! it's that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick! Thank you so so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cntrl Shift B worked for me! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx CTRL SHIFT B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It works for me with the same problem. Thankss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Thought I in some way had broken the whole program....

beginning to panic...

and then i found this. happy again:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in Illustrator CS3 and InDesign CS3 too. Verifying permissions, deleting preferences, reboot, reinstalling CS3, using CS3 clean scripts, reinstalling the system - nothing helped. I'm desperate, please, help me... Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Mac OS X 10.6.2, Adobe CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new user account and log into that and see if all is not now right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stupid that I have thought!!! MEGA-THNX!!! All is OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2010 Feb 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joy was premature, even under the new account does not work I do not know what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final solution is to disable BTT (BetterTouchTool - tool for Apple Magic Mouse)!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jarmachacek

FYI when ever you come across a problem that all of a sudden pops up out of the blue for no reason, you no there is a reason and it is always an update a new install of a font, application, a haxie or a plug in and or a profile other form of calibration.

The only other things to suspect new or failing hardware. In the case of new hardware usually the drivers and usually going on line for the update solves the problem as you are probably not the first one to notice it.

However you may have been the first one to pin it down in which case you will do everyone a big favor by reporting it to Apple and who knows maybe the will ask you to become a Apple Seed. That's one of their beta software and hardware testers.

In the case of hardware failure it can effect your system as if you have a bug in the application and surprisingly from my experience…and this is hard to believe…it usually effects one application first and as the failure becomes more complete it starts to affect other applications and then finally the system.

A software update just disconnected one of my printers from a wireless network and I could not connect in frustration I turned it off for the third time and said to myself that I was just going to forget about this turned it back on and it connected.

So restarting often solves problems as well.

Check for updates to for an update from Apple or report if they fix it everybody will be pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same exact problem.  RESETing bounding box did the trick.  Object>Transform>Reset Bounding Box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines