• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save or Export files from Illustrator 2023 (27.0.1) on macOS Monterey

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open any file (pdf or ai) on the latest install of Illustrator. Can work on them fine but when i come to save the save window doesn't give me the option to save at all (the save button is greyed out and can't be pressed.) Tried saving as a copy also but this doesn't work either - i can save the file using Cmnd-S but can't change the file name or the location or anything else.

I also have the same issue in Photoshop 😞

Please give me a fix, i need to save my files!!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Hi @Mostyn5FCE,

Thanks for reaching out and trying out the steps suggested by Monika. Would you mind confirming the macOS Monterey version? There were some save issues on the earlier version of macOS Monterey. Would you mind updating to macOS v12.3.1 or newer? If that doesn't help, then try resizing the save dialog box size by dragging it from the corners and checking whether the saved button becomes clickable or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full disk access? Otherwise it is not allowed to write anything on your disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but no, this isn't it. Both illustrator and photoshop both have full disk access already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are working on Cloud files?

Can you please show screenshots of what you see in the Save window?

And also: when was the last time you rebooted the computer? Did this just start? After updating? Did you already reset the preferences? (this will erase your settings, so you might want to rename the preferences folder sine that can be undone) https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this happens when working on any local files - i'm unable to save in any capacity other than Ctrl-S which overwites the existing file but the save window is unresponsive and i can't change the file type or export any files.

The save window looks the same as usual, except the save button is greyed out and not-clickable (not currently on the machine to take pics)

Machine is turned off each night. Same issues with update 26.0 and reoccuring with 27.0. Hadn't used illustrator/PSD in a month so can't comment on how recent the issue is.

Preferences have been reset and machine restarted without any success so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if Illustrator is really allowed to write to your disk. Are you sure?

This is not some weird networked drive, remote working situation, synched folder or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am sure. Both illustrator and Photoshop both have full disk access.

No network, no remote working or synced folder - this is a file that i have downloaded on to my desktop, opened and then tried to save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care and let them have a look inside your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (you have to be logged into your account and then the chat is in the bottom right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mostyn5FCE,

Thanks for reaching out and trying out the steps suggested by Monika. Would you mind confirming the macOS Monterey version? There were some save issues on the earlier version of macOS Monterey. Would you mind updating to macOS v12.3.1 or newer? If that doesn't help, then try resizing the save dialog box size by dragging it from the corners and checking whether the saved button becomes clickable or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the save dialog box by dragging from the corners fixed my issue. (I couldn't save to my computer)

Thank you @Anshul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines