• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

undeletable capital A with tilde(?) above it appears when writing

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sometimes when I am typing in illustrator when a word has to be split between lines an 'A' with a curved line that looks like a tilde '~' above it appears, deleting some letters in the word. When selected, pressing delete will simply skip the character, and when either side is selected (i.e. before it or past it _a_) deleting or backspacing will simply skip the character. It seems to only appear when a word is split between two lines.  I wonder how this could be changed and why this document seems to have defaulted to this setting rather than moving the word to the lower line? 

Matthew24448936y7on_0-1652514687095.png

Matthew24448936y7on_1-1652515014323.png

selected before pressing delete

Matthew24448936y7on_2-1652515038891.png

after pressing delete the character is simply skipped 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Hi, same person different account. 

I tried to replicate the error in a different document and I could not so It does appear to be about that specific document, I found that only the medium and medium italic versions of the font created the issue in my specific document however using the same font in a different document did not cause an issue. I may have to move over the text however copying it to another document carries the error, and I have a lot of text in this document. 

Thanks for the advis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A apears regardless of wether or not its italics or not - font is EB Garamond 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matthew24448936y7on,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I was unable to replicate the issue. Is this happening in this specific document? If yes, I would suggest you move the content from this document to new and paste it without the formatting.

Let us know if that helps!

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that : )

thanks for the comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same person different account. 

I tried to replicate the error in a different document and I could not so It does appear to be about that specific document, I found that only the medium and medium italic versions of the font created the issue in my specific document however using the same font in a different document did not cause an issue. I may have to move over the text however copying it to another document carries the error, and I have a lot of text in this document. 

Thanks for the advise,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that @Matthew24448936y7on @defaultxu2nos3espii. I would suggest you paste your text to Notepad or any basic text app that doesn't copy the text format. Then copy & paste the text to Illustrator. That might help you.

I hope it works!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines