• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unknown error 2067

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant open the DXF File and popup error 2067. whats the reson for coming this eror?error.PNG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Hi all... i have solved the problem converting and opening the files of Autocad (dwg) that give the error 2067. 

The solution i found was to convert it into dxf BUT of the Version 12 Autocad (a little bit old but works fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think this issue is on the notice of the Adobe team hope it will be fixed in the new update...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Harsha MAS KREEDA,

We are sorry for the trouble. This is a known issue and has been reported by multiple users. This generally happens when the DWG/ DXF file is exported using a third-party application, not AutoCAD, or you have exported using an older version of AutoCAD. I will be happy to provide you with the Ai file for your DXF file. Would you mind sharing the download link to the file here or via DM with me in case confidential?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with this file.

(the dxf is in attachment inside this pdf to allow me to upload it)

could you please see why this file can't be opened in Illustrator?
what is this "2067" error ?
Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JM Le Goff,

Sorry about the trouble. As I explained above, error 2067 is occurring because the DWG/ DXF file is exported using a third-party application, not AutoCAD, or it is exported using an older version of AutoCAD.

Here is the download link to the Ai file: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/625f8443-f30f-46a9-6eb4-7d83c9bb3b99

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further queries or need to convert DXF/ DWG file to Ai. I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anshul,

yes this DXF is not issuing from AutoCAD, but DXF is used by so many Cad tools and is really a generic 2D file format for CAD that it is mandatory for AI to be as much compatible as possible. And particularly in the Fashion Industry where DXF is declined in a particular "dialect" e.g. DXF-Aama/Astm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I have checked with the product team, and they have suggested using the latest AutoCAD or third-party apps which are using the latest AutoCAD libraries to export the DXF / DWG files to avoid this issue. You have to check with third-party app manufacturers to check whether they are using the latest libraries or not to export DXF or DWG files.

I hope this info clarifies your query.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul, 

I sent you a DM regarding opening an AutoCAD DWG. I did not produce the CAD drawing, but I checked with my partner and he is using AutoCAD 2019. Can you help us convert this to a usable AI file? I sent the DWG via a link in the DM. 

Juliet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how can I send you a file by DM? I also have error 2067

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am experiencing the same issue...
I am using the 2023 version of AutoCad, so that can't solve it. I tried installing earlier versions, but with no luck.

Can you help me open my dxf file into illustrator?

Get it through this link: https://we.tl/t-HER8w5aLHB 
I need it to be 'original size' and the layout 'A4_1-150'.

Thank you in advance.

Are you still working on fixing the issue? It is very frustrating, and gives me hours of work I could have spared. 

- Josephine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
You need to reinstall Ai 2021 (v 25.0.1) in order to be able to open such "old fashioned" DXF
hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I Have the same issue with new DXF-files. It doesn't make a difference when
I save my file to a newer DXF formet. The attached file is saved in the
newest DXF-format available (2018)

- Josephine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,
I don't see any file attached, but for my information, what is your primary application?
and if you can't use DXF to export have you a PDF? or other file format which could work better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I downloaded the dxf file from a third party and illustrator does not open the file due to error 2067, I am sharing the link so you can share the AI ​​file with me, thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wtaFLRraECI2LQq5K6HLlyylWesqQadO?usp=drive_link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brandon32141366ziro,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the link. However, it seems that the link you provided requires specific access permissions. To ensure I can assist you effectively, please provide a public link to the DXF file. Once I have the public link to the file, I'll do my best to help you resolve the problem.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem.
The dxf file does not open with Adobe Illustrator 2022 or 2023, identifying the error 2067. I solved the problem by opening the file with Illustrator 2021, so I ask Adobe, what changes regarding the dxf between the various versions of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying to open a dwg file in Illustrator and been receiving the same error 2067 every time. 

I'm working with MacOS Ventura 13, Autocad 23 and Illustrator 23. As all programs are updated to the newest version and I've tried everything from uninstalling to saving in older versions etc, I'm out of ideas now. I need this for work, so it's quite urgent. I've seen that the discussion dates to May this year, but I don't see that a general solution to this error has been found?

Best, Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophie,

did you get a solution for the problem already? If yes, would you mind to share it, since I got the same error.

Thanks in advance, Lea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess that you have to get a version of your file saved to a newer DWG... or try to reinstall a 2021 version of Illustrator (v25.0.1) a version which is still using earlier version of DWG lib.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jmlg13,

I've already tried with the 2021 Illustrator version and the same error occurs. 

As to saving a newer dwg, I already work with Autocad 23, wouldn't that be the most recent version?

Best, Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue. However the file was not saved via a third party, it was saved with autocad. Other autocad files will open except this one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, may be you have some "references" in your file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was resolved I had attached a pdf. For whatever reason illustrator didn't like it. I removed the pdf and added a png instead and problem solved. Thanks for responding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, and once I removed the attached pdf AI allowed me to open it. Thank y'all for this tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's crazy this problem is still ongoing. I am getting error 2067 opening a DXF on AI 27.2

Could anyone please identify which old versions of Adobe Illustrator can open DXF files? (That's available to download)

I found some more information on the problem via here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42533752-error-...

Illustrator uses Autocad library licensed from Autodesk for open/import DXF files. The DXF/DWG files that are showing error during open/import are mal-formed, they are not created adhering to file format specification. Autocad application also does not open these files.

Illustrator versions 24 and below use to open/import these files as the library used was a different one and it did not strictly check the dxf/dwg files for conformance. The same library did not had support for the some of the recent OS upgrades, resulting in Illustrator switching to Autocad library from Autodesk for open/import of dxf/dwg files.

Please report such files to the application that create these files, so that the same can be fixed by them in future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines