Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Updated 3D in 2022 - is the "Perspective" adjustment option missing?

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old 3D function (extrude and bevel) had a Perspective option. The new 3D function appears not to have this? The perspective slider is very useful for adapting the 3D object to background photos shot with different lenses.

Just being able to rotate and object around X, Y and Z is fine and all, but to make it look realistic I need Perspective. 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021
Hi there, As Doug mentioned above, 3D options are a work-in-progress. I will forward this feedback to the Product team. I would suggest if you could also post it here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/938463-illustrator-feature-feedback/suggestions/44254299-improved-3d-effects-and-adobe-substance-materials#comments ). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize. Regards, Srishti

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 3D options are a work-in-progress, and don't necessarily include the full final feature set:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html?trackingid=YB1TGLWS&mv=in-product&...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You should still be able to use the 3D Classic options under Effects > 3D and Materials > 3d(Classic)

Ashutosh_Mishra_0-1635342767989.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s true. But I would like to use the new feature. Maybe there will be an update with Perspective in it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As Doug mentioned above, 3D options are a work-in-progress. I will forward this feedback to the Product team. I would suggest if you could also post it here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/938463-illustrator-feature-feedback/suggestions/44254299-im... ). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the other things that are missing from the new 3D options are 'Map Art' and the ability to add more than one light source. The Map Art facility being hugely important.

Hopefully these will also be added if Adobe wish us to eventually move from the 'Classic' options?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Answer!!!! I was going crazy trying to figure out how to create a Map Art. But Thanks!! Looking forward for the updates

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i need to use the Map Art or add a custom symbol to a 3D object but its not available as well as the 3D classic panel, i don't have options next to the 3D and Materials.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The classic 3D options are under the menu Effect > 3D & Materials > 3D (Classic)

There is a 'Map Art' button at the bottom of the effect options.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines