• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable font file issues saving.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- with .ai 2018 whenever i save a file now it takes FOREVER. it gives me this message. " converting text objects with variable fonts and colored font converted to outlines" . I am just using the same fonts i always use and they are actually not converted to outlines after saving. Each save bring up the beach ball and message with a slow progress bar for a while. Please help, this is really slowing me down. thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hello everyone,

I am writing to provide an update on the issue that you all have been experiencing with the "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" message error when saving files in Illustrator.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator (v27.3.1), as we have released this update in an effort to resolve the issue. If you continue to experience this error message after updating, please reach out to me directly so that we can help you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with saving files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

Would you all mind trying the prerelease version with a potential fix?
Steps to join the Illustrator Prerelease program.
Please click this link (www.adobeprerelease.com/) and go to the "Available Program" section to join the Illustrator prerelease.
Then accept the Prerelease agreement and do the following steps to install the Prerelease v27.3 (Build 613 or newer):
- Close Illustrator
- Go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app > Prerelease section under apps.
- Click on install. (This will not replace the existing installation of the Release build of Illustrator).

Let us know how it goes after installing this version.

I'll be looking forward to your responses. 

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried it. Used the same heavy files with complex blends. I don't get the 'converting variable text' message, but saving to desktop still takes about 20 seconds while saving to creative cloud takes just a second.

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I tried it. Used the same heavy files with complex blends. I don't get the 'converting variable text' message, but saving to desktop still takes about 20 seconds while saving to creative cloud takes just a second.

Best,

Chris

By @studio KLOROFORM

What happenswhen you save to the desktop with "Create PDF compatible file" turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning "create PDF compatible file" off makes saving time much shorter indeed, but now I don't have a preview anymore, of course, so that doesn't really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @studio KLOROFORM,

Thanks for trying the prerelease and sharing your feedback. Would it be possible for you to share these files with me here or via DM? I will check with the team if this is related to the Variable font file-saving issue or if we need to log a new bug for this slow-saving behavior compared to the creative cloud saving.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a link via DM.

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file, @studio KLOROFORM. I'll check and revert on the DM with my findings.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris @studio KLOROFORM,

I understand how important it is for you and others to have a fast and efficient way to save your files. Thank you for your patience as I investigated the issue and tested various scenarios.

After thoroughly checking the file you shared on the DM, I have come to the conclusion that saving as a Cloud Document takes only a fraction of a second as it doesn't contain any PDF content. However, when saving locally with the "Create PDF compatibile file" option checked, it takes longer to save as the file has to render PDF data in real-time (similar to 3D effect renders), which takes more time if there are blends & complex objects in the file. The file can be saved in under a second or two if this option is unchecked.

I'm glad to let you know that I have raised an internal ticket with our engineering team to see if there's a way to improve this process. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help. 

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am writing to provide an update on the issue that you all have been experiencing with the "converting text objects with variable fonts and color" message error when saving files in Illustrator.

We highly recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator (v27.3.1), as we have released this update in an effort to resolve the issue. If you continue to experience this error message after updating, please reach out to me directly so that we can help you find a solution.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone!
Its' 2023 and I don't have this issue anymore!
Illustrator version 27.9 is ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines