• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertically Align Text

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to center align text vertically in a text box in Illustrator. I see how to do this with vertically oriented text. But how can I achieve this with regular, horizontal oriented area text box?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, you may look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/text-alignment-vertical-help/td-p/9306938

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator v 26.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the text box selected go to Type>Area Type Options. You will get the Area Type Options dialog window. In there you can set the Horizontal alignment to center as shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.36.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this panel. And aligning horizontal center has no effect. Either way, I need to align on the vertical axis. When using vertically aligned text that panel will switch to the vertical aligning options but not for horizontal text.

Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines