• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video safe title area

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other suggestions about this, but they dont' work for me. I am rediting a file with safe video guides on, but I cannot get them turned off. As you see below, "show video safe areas" is off, but the guides are still there. What else is there to do?

DavidacrossAmerica_0-1665066110468.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

The artboard shown is called '01 - Symposium...' but your options window is for Artboard 2 (the one covering the entire pasteboard). Either delete Artboard 2 or select your main artboard and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is working for me in 2021 with artboard options when I unmark them all go off try to reset your preferences and try it...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artboard shown is called '01 - Symposium...' but your options window is for Artboard 2 (the one covering the entire pasteboard). Either delete Artboard 2 or select your main artboard and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How astute of you! Yes, that was it. I don't usually create multiple artboards, so I was easily confused with that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new document with a Film & Video preset, it always includes a 2nd artboard that covers the whole canvas. This is something to do with making importing into After Effects easier, but I don't know how useful it can actually be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is very useful, the large artboard allows you to animate the entire objects, even if parts of them fall outside the main artboard. If that large artboard is missing, everything outside the visible part of the main artboard would be cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Unchecking "Show Video Safe Areas" should hide those guides. Maybe they were created with regular guides, you can check them with View > Guides > Hide Guides.

If you're sure those are Video Safe Areas guides, you can try resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines