Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning Signs in Swatch Options

Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Swatch Options, there are two warning signs (triangle and cube). 

Can I use the colors with those signs unchecked?

I want to use #ff0000 and #b3b3b3.

Hosun

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 2.08.22 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 2.08.40 AM.jpeg

 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Please do just ignore the web safe color warning (the cube). It's been outdated for 20 years.

As for the out of gamut warning: are you going to print these colors? In offset?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

The triangle symbol merely means that you would not be able to match that color very well, if at all,  if you wanted to print it using 4 color process (CMYK). Any time you see that symbol it means that the color is outside the gamut of what is possible using process colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do just ignore the web safe color warning (the cube). It's been outdated for 20 years.

As for the out of gamut warning: are you going to print these colors? In offset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you (Monika and Bill) very much for your replies. 

I am asking that question, while making an EPUB. It's the reason why I chose the RGB mode. 
Taking into account your replies, I think I don't need to be binding to  the triangle symbol (out of gamut warning).

Hosun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The triangle symbol merely means that you would not be able to match that color very well, if at all,  if you wanted to print it using 4 color process (CMYK). Any time you see that symbol it means that the color is outside the gamut of what is possible using process colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines