Exit

why Axt Arabic fonts not working properly in windows

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Good Day...

I am using Adobe Illustrator in Mac and Windows. In Mac I can type AXT Arabic fonts without any problem. But in windows when am typing numbers automatically changed to Adobe Arabic Font and continue as adobe Arabic Font. How can I solve this Issue. If anyone can will suggest will be appreciate.

AXt Arabic fonts not working properly-01.jpgZaid Al Hilali​Om Nath Jha​How to find Layer Name in Layer Panel​

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have any windows machine nearby till next week to do any testing for you, having said that, why are you still using an unsupported AXT (Arabic Xtenstion) fonts which were created for QuarkXpress? Adobe products do not support these fonts since CS6. You may want to have a look at other OpenType fonts that are similar to AXT Manal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid

Have a good Day

Thanks for your reply. Some of my clients they don't want to change their existing fonts of their corporate marketing tools like business cards, Letter-Heads And Envelopes, Etc.... Thar's why I try to get out from this mess. Can you please suggest which font is very similar to AXT Manal Arabic.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years after Adobe decided not to support AXT fonts, and because of so many publishers are stuck with AXT Manal, few font designers imitated AXT Manal with an OpenType version, specially no party owns the rights to AXT Manal as far as our research concluded.

Our company Grapheast developed a font named GE Alma that looks like AXT Mnal and worked as a replacement for those users who suffered from the lack of support since CS6.

Our company had developed a large Arabic font library, each font starts with GE followed by the name of the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its late answer, in addition to what Mr. said said, you can use ae_AlMohanad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some times I have the same issue, some of my clients also don't want to change the axt manal font, so I override this issue by using CMD+Alt while choosing the axt manal font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AxtManal font is not working in my macbook, whenever i want to download it its showing me squares. How can I solve this Issue. If anyone can suggest will be appreciate.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.46.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.46.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.46.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you have a mac the original font is muna.

anyway bahij muna, which is a correction edit, is the best font alternative to the original Muna, and to other copycats like axtmanal or others.

bahij muna is the best with more characters for many languages and it's a unicode. this font keeps the same size of axtmanal when you replace the font on any text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines