• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why do shapes of objects change when I use Outline in Pathfinder? How do I prevent this

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have two or more shapes and I use outline in the pathfinder, the shapes change and I have to redraw objects with the new shapes. How do I prevent this?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give more details about the way it changes and show some examples (before/after).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01.pngTheThevPPhto02.png03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first photo I place a circle over the horizontal lines. Used "outline" in pathfinder. When I place the same circle in place, the outline is slightly off than the one created by the pathfinder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does changing the Precision value in the Pathfinder panel menu make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, setting the precision to 0,001 pt solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it off by the thickness of your stroke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS & AI version are you running? The only reason for thsi in the past would be if you changed the default settings of Pathfinder flyout menu >> pathfinder options.

MikeGondek_0-1645468187409.png

Lately the Adobe release versions & the OS have not been as stable. Try doing this without GPU preview. Command E to toggle on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines