• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Illustrator CC 2017 full of bugs?

Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else finding Illustrator CC 2017 to be really problematic?

I'm getting hanging, crashes, graphics card acceleration problems, and documents not opening when double-clicking them from file explorer. Affecting my productivity and I'm not happy. CC 2015 had it's fair share of problems. All Adobe seems to care about is Cloud library integration, changing dialog boxes so that they have rounded edges and not about the basic core operation functionality of Illustrator. It is slower than what I was using 15 years ago!!!

Come on Adobe, get your act together.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Switch back to CC 2015!  It's the only way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this when starting a new document. Nothing happens. several times restarted. Also problems with fontsizes. Doesn't allow me to change. the most annoying thing here is that im a student. don't have too much money and im paying for this and it doesnt work.

i wont be paying for this anymore i rather starve to death. Adobe is launching incomplete products, is collecting the money, makes people to support each other. Brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Weird things are happening to me, too. First of all, I noticed that I was no longer able to make selections using the direct select tool. It was as if the layer was locked (but it wasn't). I could use the selection tool, so I copied and pasted the object and placed it in another file and the direct select tool worked again. Second weird thing: An object I had filled with a color suddenly changed to a stroked object- stroked with black and a white fill. No matter how I tried to select it, I couldn't change the fill or stroke. I got all the handles just fine and I could move it. But it remained black stroke and white fill no matter what actual strokes/fills I chose. Third issue: guides mysteriously vanish and then reappear. Sometimes I have to hit CTRL+; and sometimes I don't. In one layer, the guides I had placed vanished altogether and I had to place them again. I should note that all these problems were specific to individual files and when I opened new files things worked again, but they seem to pop up randomly. I don't like having to copy my work into a new file just to be able to work on it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having problems with it not responding to hotkeys too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting the flyout menu when I right-click or control + click with any of my selection tools. what gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch back to CC 2015!  It's the only way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to that. I'm back on CC 2015.3 and managing to get my work done without constantly having to restart either Illustrator or my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the files you created in CC 2017 if you go back 2015 without any problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah.. that fine but how i can go back to the 2015 version? I have seaching on Youtube and on google but i haven´t find something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lqndrydave  schrieb

yeah.. that fine but how i can go back to the 2015 version? I have seaching on Youtube and on google but i haven´t find something.

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just installed all new CC 2017 updates and had a ton of problems. Illustrator and PS not working correctly etc.... I ran the Windows update and installed the new Windows 10 – Version 1607 and now everything is running as it should be. No Problems at all.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, agreed- it's a disaster. It reminds me of when Apple fixes/updates things that were working beautifully. Constant hanging, copy/paste takes 10-12 minutes, my file (that moves dirt slow) is 2.2 GB despite being a handful 1MB jpegs. It's brutally awful. I can not believe they pumped this out into the world in its current state. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering how many fingers this hand has ...

Apart from that: in Illustrator those images will be uncompressed which of course makes them larger.

Reducing file size in Illustrator: 9 Ways to Minimize File Size in Adobe Illustrator - Astute Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've just upgraded from CS5.5. It will work for 5 minutes or so and then just freeze up. I get a message saying Illustrator is not working (no shit!) or that Illustrator is waiting for me to do something!!!!??? It also makes my computer and other programmes run really slow. I only open it now if I really need to use it. It's a very poor show from Adobe! I might have to go back to using the 5.5 version, at least that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This latest update is a mess. Points are visible on some objects others not. Bounding box randomly reactivates. Slow performance even without placed images. Always would crash but now noticeably more often. GPU thing still not working. More…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the phone with Adobe support now.  Agent TEL37680.  Her suggestion is the answer in this post and that is to roll back to Illustrator 2015. 

I confirmed that Adobe is aware of the issue and working on a fix.  It appears the issue is network related and there only suggestion is to copy the files locally or roll back to 2015. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Is that the best they can do? That is just not good enough from Adobe. They shouldn't put out such a dreadful bit of software in the first place. They are happy enough to take people's money and then just mess them about. Very shoddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! Why put this out half-assed, and then wait for all of us to test it and tell Adobe what is wrong. Total BS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of untested software junk release is the inevitable result of paying a company monthly to rent its software. The company can sit back with its feet on the desk, happy in the knowledge it has to do no real work to win new sales or satisfy its customers. I bet half of Illustrator users could move to Inkscape and still get their job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely hit the nail on the head there!!!  Adobe has become too big to care, and so it inevitably ends up releasing updates for no other reason than, to release them. It's inexcusable and yet, they keep doing this. I could care less about new "improvements" if they're going to create new problems which disrupt my production and force me to waste time in forums. I'm sure no one here signed up to become unwilling Adobe beta testers. If that's the case, then pay us for our time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switching back to 2015 dont work for me, i had allready all versions tested. adobe cloud sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say AI CC 2017 (one of 3 illustrator Apps I now have on my Mac) has stopped working and crashes on startup this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched back to 2015 just before Xmas and have had no problems since. I do hope Adobe actually read what we are all saying here. I have no intention of trying to install 2017 again until they release a further update taking on board the issues that everybody has. Why do all software manufacturers update their apps with useless bloat features at the expense of the core functionality.

Illlustrator is a serious tool for people like me's livelihood/income, so it just needs to work - fast and efficiently. The workflow is no faster than it was in 2000 and that;s saying something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Glu -that's exactly what we're all thinking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glu Design schrieb:

The workflow is no faster than it was in 2000 and that;s saying something.

So you don't use Live paint or shapebuilder or the width tool? Or Recolor artwork? Automatic pattern brushes corners? The pattern editor? 3D live effects? Autotrace? Multiple artboards?

Actually for most of the crashes that have been reported in the forum a solution has been found. But those people have started new threads, posted all their system specs and installation details and were willing to try out a few things.

But your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical deflective and 'smart' response I should have expected.

Perhaps some of us are too busy trying to get our work done, putting up with buggy software whilst paying indefinitely for software we expect to do the job. System specs baloney, one version works another is bug ridden - simple.

And yes, for what it's worth, I'd rather have a fast, efficient piece of software that had less features, but then perhaps I am too 'old school' and my mileage is 'high'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines