• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Illustrator CC 2017 full of bugs?

Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else finding Illustrator CC 2017 to be really problematic?

I'm getting hanging, crashes, graphics card acceleration problems, and documents not opening when double-clicking them from file explorer. Affecting my productivity and I'm not happy. CC 2015 had it's fair share of problems. All Adobe seems to care about is Cloud library integration, changing dialog boxes so that they have rounded edges and not about the basic core operation functionality of Illustrator. It is slower than what I was using 15 years ago!!!

Come on Adobe, get your act together.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Switch back to CC 2015!  It's the only way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just click on the older apps. it wont overwrite the current version of what ever app you've already got installed. (:

FYI, after a few rounds of updates I find that alot of the bugs have been resolved (well for my usage anyway) kudos to the team. (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ky11, though I refer you to my previous post- asking Larry to expand on his.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! sorry i missed that bit where you said you were trying to reinstall CC2017... have you tried doing this? Click on "Find Additional Apps" and then scroll all the way to the top? you might have already done so but i see it in my list of apps so just throwing it out there..

sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try posting on the Download/Inatall forum for more direct help. As far as I know the install page for AI CC2017 should have a checkbox to cancel the removal of previous versions. It's been that way for several versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks folks, I remember that check box from a while back but I'm running Adobe Creative Cloud 4.0.1.188 and I don't see it, though the way these facilities are hidden under the click-throughs I believe it could be in there still somewhere

Here's my UX anyway, in text and sequential grabs:

1) Open CC interface from the menu bar (on Mac).

2) Scroll to "Find Additional Apps" section.

3) In the section header, to the right of the "Find Additional Apps" title, click "All Apps" to open the pop up.

4) From the pop up choose the "View Previous Versions" in blue text, below all the other options.

5) Find Illustrator in the next pop up and click the Install button... but don't worry, it won't install anything!

It will give you a list of versions though, including the latest, which you can now choose to install.

At no point did I see "Keep Previous", etc, and I've yet to find it in Preferences, etc.

Hope that helps anyone else who comes to this thread, here's the grabs:

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 09.27.44.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 09.27.53.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 09.28.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 09.29.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple doubleclick on a color lets AI freeze. What do I pay for? It's hard enough to earn money as a designer. I don't need problems but a tool that works – 100%. Dear Adobe, please stopp doing chichi crowd - make your apps running tippy toppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, please send us screen recording, system info and Illustrator version to ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me so far, turning on the "Use legacy 'file new' interface" under preferences/general.
My Illustrator (CC2017.1/W10) would often just crash when I opened a second file from Bridge or tried to place a linked file. It would start driving one core to 100% forever. Size of file didn't matter. Opening one simple file and then a second was often enough to crash it.

Update: Not really a fix. It crashes a whole lot less often when opening a secondary file from either bridge/explorer or dragging it in but it still does every so often, at least a few times each week...

As an added bonus it decided to no longer use my keyboard shortcuts since yesterday and reverted to the default. No reason, closed it the day before, start it in the morning, shortcuts gone... Seems it just felt like bugging me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At MAX 2016 Adobe said Ai now has a larger user base then Photoshop. So you'd think they'd want to make this app rock solid stable? Well they said their focus was going to be stability but this has not proven to be true. CC 2017 has been the most unstable version yet of the CC releases. Yet Adobe engineers stated a few weeks back at Creative Pro conference that their records show that Ai is now 50% more stable than last year. I'm calling BS on that.

From January 1st until today I've had 41 crashes. Countless hours of lost time and work because their team is (finger quotes) focusing on stability.

Hell they can't even fix a basic fundamental broken feature involving snapping and it's been four damn years since they broke it. Development is sloppy, slow and usually when released half-baked. Why? Because NO ONE on their team actually uses the app to create anything on a daily basis.

They'll pull together focus groups like the one I was part of several weeks ago and gather info and pretend to care but when they go back and plug into their daily routine their bidding isn't geared towards ease of use and dependability for the user, it's shoving more crap into the app to give their marketing more narrative for pushing creative cloud adoption.

All they care about it creative cloud now. Users and dependable software not so much. And why should they, they'll get your pound of flesh each month via subscription regardless.

Creative Director / Illustrator
PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Vonster, the number of long-standing unaddressed issues with AI, in my experience, vastly overshadows those found in Adobe's other apps.

The records show a picture in stark contradiction to the endless hype cycle and the truth is AI is just not justifying the cash it costs. We use it not because we choose to but because we feel we have no alternative, yet.

I think if I worked in a team that's basically the Microsoft of the graphics world I'd feel fortunate counting my wages but I don't see how I could ever feel proud to work on a quality product.

Some of their guys must be so frustrated at the gap between what they could change and what they're allowed to change.

I imagine it’s a swamp of entrenched policies and legacy coding issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine starting to use illustrator in 2017. No change at all to get around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got dissapearing lines, crashes. Slow-motion scaling and loads of weird stuff all the time. Everyday. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't sound like AI is the problem- wipe it clean and reinstall, if that don't fix it check your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm sorry for spamming or asking a question on a wrong place, but i need help, can someone tell me what is the problem when i'm using pen tool to make circle it is not full filled instead of it it looks some kind pixelated (that round part). Thank you in advanced for help xoxobag photoshop illustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines