• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB and Big Sur 11.2.3, and am up to date on my Creative Cloud updates. About 25-30% of the time, when the computer goes to sleep, Illustrator will drop down about 1/5 of the way down the screen, as if I clicked the title bar and dragged it down the screen. When this happens, some of my panels will move around as well and I have to reset my workspace. Also, the grey space around the artboard shimmers when I move my cursor and the little popup window urging me to click and learn more about new features will have the font size reduced about 60%. All this happens with both Illustrator and Photoshop (the only Adobe apps I use regularly.) I usually end up quitting and restarting the program, and resetting my workspace. Oddly, all this doesn't happen EVERY time the computer sleeps, but it does happen fairly often, and is very annoying. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 292 Replies 292
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@waldemarker  schrieb:

Apple and Adobe are co partners

They've never been co partners. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the result…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through hours of extensive trouble-shooting with Adobe Support and was able to prove that it was an Adobe-related issue. Uninstall all Adobe apps and the issue disappears, reinstall and it comes back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with windows in Adobe apps disappears when you remove all Adobe apps from the computer. Yeah, you proved something alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, uninstall all Adobe products 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After exhaustive testing with Adobe Support, I was able to prove positive that the issue is caused by installing Adobe CC software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Mac mini M1 to Sonoma and this issue is still happening. FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics  schrieb:

I just upgraded my Mac mini M1 to Sonoma and this issue is still happening. FYI.

So it was working and then you upgraded Mac OS and it's no longer working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL happening. It was broken under Monterey, Ventura, and now Sonoma. Illustrator (which I don't use much but in testing) and Photoshop (which is running 24/7.)

And I never sleep this computer, just have the displays locked. I have not seen it on my Intel MacBook Pro running Monterey at work, just my machine at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's 2023 and I'm having this same issue.  It didn't start happening until I upgraded my computer from an iMac 27" to MacStudio M2max...with an LG Ultrafine 27" (LG27MD5KL) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be good with me, with the exception of the glitching/redraw issue I'm still encountering that I've flagged up in a bug report.

Any chance you could share your findings with the InDesign team as the window problem still persists with that app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @cyclopsdx,

I appreciate your update. I'm glad to hear that everything else is working well for you. Regarding the glitching/redraw issue, I recommend creating a new post specifically for that issue here in the Illustrator community. Please provide details about the problem and, if possible, include any screenshots or examples that can help illustrate the issue. And tag me in that post using @Anshul_Saini.

As for the InDesign issue, I would recommend creating a new conversation in the InDesign community and tagging @Rishabh_Tiwari. He is a representative from Adobe for the InDesign app and can provide assistance with InDesign-related concerns. This way, you'll be able to address the issue in the relevant community and get the attention of the right experts.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul

The glitching has already been reported in Uservoice. Link here - https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/47532863-screen...

Best regards

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to newest Indesign 19.1 - but the nasty bug is still here ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! InDesign version 19.3 shows the same issue.

As a matter of fact: when I'm working in InDesign and I turn the display off and on, the InDesign document window drops halfway screen. No problem with Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Audition.

Mac Studio M2 Max 12C/30C/16C/64GB/512GB SSD
2 TB SSD externally TB4
macOS Ventura 13.6.6
Asus ProArt 329C  >  connected with USB-C and 4K resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here. With every update of Indesign I hope that Adobe devs worked for that nasty bug. This week we can 
'CELEBRATE' that Adobe did not resolve a bug, that has been reportet 3 YEARS (!) ago.

Why has it been done for Photoshop, but not for Indesign and even not for Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And when I double click on the document window to bring it back to the original position, the page area and paste board area sometimes turns into a solid color, sometimes magenta, sometimes light grey, sometimes … The whole layout is not visible. I have to save, close and reopen the document to get the normal view. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines