• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with Adobe apps while using Mac M1 with an external monitor. When put in sleep, the windows and palettes move to the bottom half of the screen. 

There are comments on this thread that confirm

this is an issue with specifically Adobe apps(illustrator, photoshop and indesign at least):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/window-and-panels-moving-when-mac-goes-to-sle...

please, Adobe support, address this issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get a chance, I will submit a video showing what it looks like.  In the meantime, I would suggest that anyone who wants to see the behavior should simply install adobe apps on a M series mac studio or mac mini with any external monitor — probably macbooks with external monitors too.

The pinned post by Anshul, at the very top of this thread states that the issue is resolved, which gives everyone false hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are two videos.  The second one 'untitled' is the computer coming back on.  It's in slow motion, but there isn't a lot of benefit to the slow motion.  In the past, the wake up of the mac looked messier, but apple seems like they are keeping the monitor black for longer, so even tho the wake-up messiness is still there, we don't see it as badly as it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also of-note, if the sleep cycle repeats, the windows will be even farther down the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a three monitor Mac Studio set up with the Studio Display as my main monitor. Running Sonoma and the very latest of all Adobe applications. Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator all show this behavior on sleep and reawaken ...

Main window (application frame) jumps to the bottom half of the screen and palette cluster that was on right hand monitor jumps to main display. I spend a lot of annoying time putting my workspace back to my preferred arrangement.

Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any progress on this?  I sent video documentation and have had no response.  The problem certainly persists!  The pinned reply say 28.1 fixes things is not true.  All the adobe apps do this still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interested to hear what the answer to this constant annoyance might be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is redicioulus what we pay for a subscription as individual freelancers, yet still have this issue. I've been dealing with it for a year. Adobe should be better. I thought the whole concept for a subscription-based software model was that they could constantly make improvements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines