Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Ctrl+Spacebar - how to change?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I work in Illustrator connected by Team Viewer and I have a problem with the shortcut CTRL + Spacebar - it does not work.
I would like to change it to something else, but this shortcut cannot be edited via Edit> Keyboard Shortcuts... There are only "fixed" shortcuts.
How to change ctrl + spacebar to a different combination?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

It's because Cmd/Ctrl + Spacebar is a hard-wired key combo that cannot be modified at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

Does tapping on the Z key work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't 😞

Z works, but Z is much slower and inconvenient than temporary hit ctrl+space...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because Cmd/Ctrl + Spacebar is a hard-wired key combo that cannot be modified at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have an idea how to get Team Viewer to pass the Ctrl + Spacebar shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Send key combinations" checked in Team Viewer?

Are you going cross-platform in Team Viewer?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key combinations is checked.

Switching to Hand Tool temporarily also does not work (spacebar only).

I control Mac remotely from a Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if using the Windows key-spacebar. The Windows key is supposed to act as the Command key on the Mac [when using Team Viewer].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course!
I know both systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your knowledge of either OS wasn't in question. The Team Viewer's support page specified that if using a Windows computer to control a Mac, one must use the Windows key as the Command key. So, Windows key - spacebar should be the zoom keyboard sequence.  I don't currently have TV installed or I would test it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I know it . I mean, I know how a Windows controlled Mac works.
With TeamViewer most shortcuts work, but not all. Ctrl/Windows/⌘ + spacebar (momentary Zoom) or Spacebar (momentary Hand) do not work in Illustrator.

The same shortcut in other programs works. That's why I'm looking for answers on how to change the shortcut in Illustrator or how to force TeamViewer to cooperate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, it is not Cntl-Windows-Spacebar, but just Windows-spacebar. I suspect you are using the correct kb shortcut, but I just want to make sure we are discussing the same thing.

Also, do you know if the Spotlight keyboard shortcut is disabled on the Mac? That would interfere too. 

Here is the TeamViewer help page:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/109253-use-key-commands-in-sessions-win-mac#win...

Since Illustrator can't be changed, you might want to contact TeamView as to why their cross-platform keyboard shortcuts are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, of course. I know exactly what you mean. Yes, I know how to control Mac by Windows keyboard. Yes, I know shortcuts can overlap and then they work badly. I have been working with Adobe apps for 26 years.
It seems strange that only Illustrator has a problem with "key combinations".

Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctrl + (that's the plus sign) zoom in, ctrl - (that's the minus sign) zoom out.

If nothing is selected it zooms in to the artboard (centered), but when item(s) selected zooms to that selection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1 This is more complicated than that. The OP is controlling a Mac using a Windows computer and TeamViewer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to use the spacebar + cmd shortcut in After Effects, but I don't know where to attribute it in the Keyboard Shortcuts options. Any idea? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are posting on an old post about a different software and with a different problem than yours.

Please start a new post under the proper program forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done. Thank you and sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines