Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Scribble feature not working in AI

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Illustrator for iPad Pro (12.9" - 5th Gen, with a 2nd Gen Apple Pencil).

Whilst I don't have any issues with using the pencil for drawing lines/curves etc or general operation, for some reason if I want to rename a file using the "scribble" feature and write text it doesn't work.

This only seems to be on AI - I don't have any issues on any other app on the iPad including other Adobe apps eg. Fresco.

Is this a known problem or has anyone else experienced this? Not a big deal I know - but a bit annoying that I have to keep swapping to keyboard when I'm full flow.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can rename the file using scribble. What doesn't work for me is to add text into a textbox using scribble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have resolved itself - I can now rename files. Not sure entering text into an actual text box (I presume you mean in an AI document) is possible. 

Just to resolve my Font activation issues now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All, I tried to edit a text in an Illustrator file and it is not working using Scribble Feature. Does anyone have a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines