• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centering text without extra white space

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In October, I asked this question for the desktop version of AI. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/adjusting-bounding-box-size-of-text/m-p/12472...

I'm having the same problem for AI on the iPad. I can convert the text to outlines, but that means the text can no longer be edited and that is not a good option.

I can not center text or align it with another object without the extra space being taken into account. In Affinity, this is stupidly simple. Can someone point me in the right direction?

EE6A8FB8-8449-427C-B80A-C3B36FB6D8D5.png55CF3911-F40C-4C48-BDEA-5B79E7679E8D.png

TOPICS
How to , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid this is not possible as of now. Alignment works on bounding boxes of the participating content. The text has a bigger bounding box to account for different glyph lines; hence there is a difference between live and outlined text. I would suggest if you could also post it here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests). This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize. Also, this is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a huge oversight. 

Affinity Designer can do this on both desktop and iPad. Please add this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ReadyPlayer2 wrote:

Please add this ASAP.

If you posted a feature request in UserVoice so the engineers will see it, you can also post the link here in this thread so other users who see it can upvote your request. The engineers do not follow this forum — they follow UserVoice.

Jane

Forum volunteer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines