• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a Layer in Illustrator on Ipad

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you delete a Layer on Illustrator on Ipad?? I can't seem to find any button to delete a layer. I have tried everthing with no luck. I also have a lot of trouble selecting layer in the layer tab to the right while working with a lot of layers. It's pretty annoying and it takes a lot of unnecessary time. Also, does anyone know how to gradient strokes? 

This Ipad version is kinda wierd and have alot of bugs to be honest, would prefer PC version.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

You can delete a layer by swiping to the left, then tapping the trash icon. Screen shot below.

Gradient strokes aren't yet available in Illustrator for iPad. You can request it here:

User Voice Feature Requests:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests

File Jan 12, 3 51 54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete a layer by swiping to the left, then tapping the trash icon. Screen shot below.

Gradient strokes aren't yet available in Illustrator for iPad. You can request it here:

User Voice Feature Requests:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests

File Jan 12, 3 51 54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a trash option when I swipe left. The program you screen shot-ed looks like the regular illustrator program, not the iPad adapted version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are using iPad. The layer only offers delete on left swipe if the layer is not locked. If the layer is locked you will only see the option to edit the layer name when swiping left. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the iPad version. Are you using the most recent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines