• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't launch Illustrator on my ipad with IpadOS 17

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I upgraded to IpadOS 17, I still can use adobe illustrator on my iPad with IpadOS 16/16.5. After I updated to IpadOS 17, I couldn't even launch the app. It just popped out and went back to my home screen. I'm not using any app before it since I restarted my Ipad before launching Illustrator and I tried uninstalling the app, restarting my Ipad and even tried going into Illustrator with adobe creative cloud, but it's still the same way. BTW, I'm using Ipad Pro 4th generation, software version is IpadOS 17 as I said above, and seems like Adobe Illustrator is also up to date since it didn't ask me for updates these days.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Hello everyone,

To address the issues with Adobe Illustrator on iPadOS 17, particularly with crashes when using the Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, or Apple Pencil, please follow these steps:

• Update Adobe Illustrator on your iPad to the latest version available. As of now, version 3.0.6 is the latest release. You can update the app through the App Store.

• Ensure that your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS. As of now, iPadOS 17.2 is the latest release.

Performing these updates shoul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me please, Thank you! My hard work depends on you guys! Thank You So MUCHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing crashing as well. For days now. I was so happy to see iPadOS developer beta had a new update, sadly it didn't fix it.  I went to the illustrator discord to ask for help did got linked to the most useless help page (I've never had a good experience with Adobe help. In fact I've only had literal nightmare experience.)

All we can do is hope there's a fix soon!  

Mine wasn't crashing in the previous few beta updates. Only just the most recent two.  

Another app that's been crashing on me is Linearity Curve (use to be Vectornator). That app has a pop-up in it saying they're working on a fix that should be in the App Store soon. I'm hoping illustrator has a same timeframe for a fix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are running a beta system and are wondering that an app is not running on it? That's the nature of beta syastems. Applications need to be adapted to it and if you want this fixed I would strongly suggest that you report it via https://illustrator.uservoice.com The engineers do not read this community forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have given me information I've never found before! Thank you so much
for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'm the only one who has this problem! I'm new to iPad so I'm not so sure about beta updates on iPadOS. Thank you so much for your information! It was such a relief that I'm not the only one facing this problem. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause  Thank you for your help too! I was still regretting my life choices this morning, your information helps a lot! Will try the link you provided. Hope that this situation can be solved soon since I really need Adobe Illustrator. Thanks again, @Monika Gause , your information is quite helpful for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Generally beta software is meant for trying out new things on a wide audience. It's directed at people who are adventurous enough to dive in and the general advice it to not use it on productive systems.

In some cases beta software can help a certain number of people to get early access to versions inwhich certain issues are solved. But that is an exception. 

Maybe Apple offers the option to downgrade. But you would have to search for the procedure on the Apple website. I've been using Macs for longer than I'd like to remember and for the last 15 years I have not used their beta software, because it's just not ready for production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: 

Illustrator will work on iPadOS PUBLIC Beta 17.4  

Illustrator will NOT work on iPadOS DEVELOPER Beta 17.6

If your ipad already did an icloud backup on 17.x, this is how I was able to downgrade but still retain all of my data. 

I had to downgrade to iPadOS 16.6, upgrade back to PUBLIC Beta 17.4, and then do an iCloud restore.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same... illustrator is broken with 17.0 version.  I reset the iPad and everything and still cant get it to work... help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same... illustrator is broken with 17.0 version.  I reset the iPad and everything and still cant get it to work... help

By @JStoltzfus

What version of Illustrator? What exact version of iOS? What model of iPad?

For me, Illustrator 3.0.4 runs just fine on iOS 17.0.3, on my iPad Pro (11") 1st generation, Model A1980 (2018 model). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ipad 8th Gen model MYL92LL/A

ios 17.0.3

not sure how to tell what version of illustrator is downloaded... 

It opens but just locks up and none of the buttons work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did reset the ipad, I uninstalled AI and reinstalled twice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JStoltzfus,

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. It seems that the problem you're encountering with Adobe Illustrator on your iPad 8th generation is related to the hardware capabilities of your device. Adobe Illustrator for iPad has specific system requirements, and your iPad model (8th Gen) may not meet those requirements.

Adobe Illustrator for iPad is designed to work optimally on iPad models with more RAM and processing power. It typically requires an iPad with 4GB of RAM or more to function smoothly. Your iPad (8th Gen) has 3GB of RAM, which might be causing the app to lock up and not respond.

As a result, this could explain why you're encountering issues with Adobe Illustrator on your iPad (8th Gen).

Unfortunately, there might not be a quick fix for this problem, as it's related to hardware limitations.

If you're experiencing performance issues with Adobe Illustrator, you might consider using it on a device with the recommended system requirements, such as an iPad Pro, Air, Mini, or a more recent iPad model with higher RAM capacity.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked fine before the update to ios 17, but I understand I can't roll back an iPad.  Apple and Adobe are super frustrating right now, I'm not sure what the problem is, but I know it worked last week, and now it doesn't.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, and it's frustrating when an app that was previously working well starts encountering issues after an update. It seems that the update to iOS 17 may have introduced compatibility issues with Adobe Illustrator on your specific iPad model, given the hardware limitations.

While there is a method to revert to iPadOS 16, it's not a straightforward process (you can find detailed steps at https://www.tenorshare.com/ipados/how-to-downgrade-ipados-17-to-16.html). It involves performing a hard reset on your iPad, effectively restoring it to iOS 16. However, it's crucial to exercise caution and back up your device data on iCloud beforehand to prevent any potential data loss, as you can later restore this data.

Please proceed with this at your discretion, considering the potential risks and benefits.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator app crashes since ipados 17 ( ipad pro M1 12,9" )

but only when the ipad is attached to magic keyboard and use the trackpad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you work without the keyboard? Than I would do that. 

I don't know if anyone has already reported the connection with the keyboard on Uservoice. Maybe you want to do that?

Here is a bug report https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931885-illustrator-ipad-bugs/suggestions/42147094-freezing-... When you add your vote you will also be notified of changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's working without the Magic Keyboard, and with it attached, app open, the trackpad works.

And, for example, when a project is open, i use the trackpad and the illustrator app close instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Stik33545133u762,

Thank you for providing additional details. It's unfortunate to hear about the crash issue when using Illustrator on your iPad with the Magic Keyboard.

To investigate this further, please share a screenshot of the Magic Keyboard and Trackpad settings on your iPad. Additionally, try turning off any specific settings related to the Magic Keyboard or Trackpad that might be causing the crash.

Once you provide this information, I'll do my best to assist you or suggest further steps to address the problem.

Best,

Anshul saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Having this exact same issue as well. Please update and assist. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6725.jpeg

the App crash if i move the mouse dot on screen on an open illustrator project.

with the track pad on magic keyboard, with magic mouse, or with magic mouse using universal control.

same issue on ipadmini6 IpadOs17 chinese trackpad AND ipadproM1 ipados17 appletrackpad or mouse.

the issue appears when i move a mouse dot on an open illustrator project.

thanks for your help, i work without. I wait your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this same problem is happening to me, did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

To address the issues with Adobe Illustrator on iPadOS 17, particularly with crashes when using the Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, or Apple Pencil, please follow these steps:

• Update Adobe Illustrator on your iPad to the latest version available. As of now, version 3.0.6 is the latest release. You can update the app through the App Store.

• Ensure that your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS. As of now, iPadOS 17.2 is the latest release.

Performing these updates should help resolve the reported issues with Illustrator on iPad, especially when using the accessories. If you continue to experience problems after updating, please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. If you have any further questions or encounter additional issues, feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines