Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator on iPad loses clipping masks and colored artwork

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've been working on an illustration (simple flat art) for few hours on the iPad Pro.

Today, when opening the file on the iPad, the artwork that was within clipping masks isn't colored any longer. The clipping masks have been removed/released and the original shapes that were used to make the clipping masks have all disappeared.

In the layers panel all vector shapes show colors in the thumbnails.

However, when clicking on objects or shapes within the art boards, there are no colors, just outlines.

The file is very simple with an imported photo in a locked layer.

I've tried 

• Quitting illustrator on the iPad several times.

• Rebooted my iPad

• Tried to open the same file on my desktop to see if there was a previous version or if it would appear differently.

The files thumbnails in both the home screen of illustrator on the iPad and the home screen/open file screen on the desktop both show thumbnails colored with the shapes that should be there.

When the files are opened there is no color.

Has anyone else had this problem with the app? Spent a lot of time on the illustration. I don't think some thing that I have done, but I could be wrong.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be a bug on the iPad with toggling in the "View Mode" between "preview "and "outlines".

Took a couple of times for it to take affect toggling on and off, but eventually I see colored artwork and clipping masks that were previously created.

May still be unsolved because it's only been a few minutes since this find.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines