Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image trace on Illustrator for Ipad Pro

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Is there an image tracing tool on new Illustrator app for Ipad Pro?

YES or NO not yet!

Thank you, 

Klemen

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Hi there,

You can trace on the iPad version however, it's not exactly the same workflow compared to the desktop version, yet. Please check this help article for more details.

Please feel free to submit this as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can trace on the iPad version however, it's not exactly the same workflow compared to the desktop version, yet. Please check this help article for more details.

Please feel free to submit this as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help article lists what else we can use (construction guides) but it doesn't say how, and nowhere I look tells me how. Can you please tell me how to do it on my ipad? I'm confused and frustrated with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Om I think you misunderstood their question.  They want to take an image and turn it into a vector image using "image trace" Not trace on top of an image. 

**The best way to do this on iPad is the Adobe Capture App.  In the shapes tab you can create vector images live from your camera or import an image.  It is very basic but does the job.**

best, 

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm new to graphic design and I'm trying to vectorize my Procreate image through Adobe Capture. The color is gone and the image looks wonky. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You meant to say "NO not yet"

you have described manually drawing over an image which is not an "image tracing tool" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Image Trace on Illustrator for iPad.  You'll have to use the desktop version of Illustrator for image trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines