• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please fix illustrator crashing with new iPad OS update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope adobe start focusing on basic things and stop showing off stupid AI stuffs. 

It's been a week and adobe illustarator is crashing every now and then which is causing issue in lose of work and time and adobe still haven't bothered to release a fix after a week. 

Everything works fine in Adobe photoshop, the issue is just with illustrator, PLEASE FIX THIS THING. 

[abuse removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alishashabnam,

I understand your frustration with Adobe Illustrator crashing on your iPad after the recent OS update. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced, and we'd like to assist you in resolving this issue.

In order to provide more targeted help, could you please share the following information:

• iPad Model: Let us know the specific model of your iPad (e.g., iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Air 4th generation, etc.).

• iPadOS & Adobe Illustrator Version: Please provide the version of the iPadOS & Adobe Illustrator you are currently using.

• Logs: kindly share the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “adobe illustrator-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash happens by looking at the timestamp.
    • Upload the file to (https://adobe.ly/3QrXRwu) and share a link to the file here or via DM

With this information, we can better understand your setup and the compatibility with the new iPad OS update.

If there are any specific error messages or patterns to the crashes (e.g., when performing certain actions or with particular files), sharing those details would also be beneficial.

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate your patience while we work towards a resolution.

Feel free to provide the requested information, and we'll do our best to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for following up please find the requested information below:

iPad Model: iPad Pro 12.9inch latest model

iPadOS & Adobe Illustrator Version: iPadOS 17.1 - Adobe illustrator 3.04

Logs: file type is not supported to upload, here is the link for you https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iJIIcJlD_YqDR44MlPnnaz2Rr8-vETmn/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the requested information and sharing the logs. I appreciate your cooperation.

To address the issue you're facing, I recommend turning off the "Show Effects when using Pencil" option in iPad settings. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPad.
  2. Scroll down and select "Apple Pencil."
  3. Find the "Show Effects when using Pencil" option and toggle it off.

Once you've done this, try using Adobe Illustrator again to see if the issue persists. If you encounter any further problems or have additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_5837.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such setting on the Apple Pencil called "Show Effecs when using Pencil".

My AI crashes the moment I move my cursor (by finger or pencil) over any of the tools or layers. It's immediate. It's causing me great problems with my projects and clients. 

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola @Alishashabnam 

Es correcto lo que dice @Pi2539, he realizado ese cambio desde los ajustes de configuración del ipad y el problema se solucionó, no se ha vuelto a cerrar Ilustrador, por mis propios medios encontré la solución (lástima que no había leido antes tu post) y encontré la solución haciendo pruebas de cada ajuste, inclusive borré todos mis archivos pensando que alguno estaba corrupto y daba el problema.
Finalmente dejé de hacer cambios en la aplicación y me centré en los ajustes de Ipad OS, que también procedí a formatear pensando que había un error de sistema operativo, lo cual no fue así, hice downgrade y tampoco.
Lamentablemente en este proceso perdí los archivo de una aplicación muy importante que no tenía respaldo en Icloud, y por esa razón debo empezar desde cero nuevamente.
Como punto final, llegué hasta los ajustes del Ipad, específicamente a los del Apple Pencil y desactivé la opción:
"Mostrar efectos al usar el lápiz digital" volví a Ilustrador y sorpresa! No se cerró mas.

Lo que me llama más la atención de todo esto es que el equipo de soporte de Adobe, en este caso de Ilustrador no tomen cartas en el asunto y revisen a detalle que puede estar pasando, ni siquiera hay un mensaje en el que indiquen que hay un tiquete de soporte abierto y están investigando el problema.
Sin duda, si vas a hacer una aplicación que va a funcionar en diversos dispositivos, debes hacer pruebas antes de sacarla al público y si por alguna razón la aplicación empieza a dar problemas, es de suma importancia que soporte le de prioridad ya que es una aplicación de pago, no es gratis!

Además de lo anterior, todo queda en manos de los usuarios de las aplicaciones, por ejemplo en este momento también tengo problemas con otra aplicación de Adobe que es Premier Rush, que al intentar guardar una edición, la aplicación intenta guardar el video y cuando va por 50% aproximadamente se cierra, no se pierde el trabajo en la aplicación pero la edición realizada no se puede compartir.

Aun así, agradezco a todas las personas que hacen sus post y que ayudan a que tengamos un mundo mejor.

¡Saludos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a crash issue on iPad Pro 5th gen.  In my case, illustrator will crash immediately if:

A project is open.

iPad is connected to a Magic Keyboard.

Trackpad curser is moved over any button on the toolbar.

This instantly crashes the app every time.  Only solution is to make sure to never touch the trackpad whilst using illustrator.  

In addition, despite having the latest iPad OS version I do not have the option "Show Effects when using pencil" in Settings > Apple Pencil.  It simply isn't there.

It's quite disappointing (but no longer surprising) that Adobe don't acknowledge an obvious bug, but instead simply ask customers to use a work-around by turning off iPad features.  Why don't we see a 'good catch, that's clearly a bug and we'll fix it in the next update' response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elliottp17597339  schrieb:

It's quite disappointing (but no longer surprising) that Adobe don't acknowledge an obvious bug, but instead simply ask customers to use a work-around by turning off iPad features.  Why don't we see a 'good catch, that's clearly a bug and we'll fix it in the next update' response?

Because this is the support forum. In Uservoice, once they have figured out what's causing the issues they will tell you what it is. In here there are 95% people not staff. Once someone has figured out how to make the issue stop, we will tell you that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @elliottp17597339 @Alishashabnam @Nicholas34020180q9kc @Gabe 17 Cr,

Sorry for the delayed response. I understand you're experiencing issues with Adobe Illustrator on your iPad. To address this problem, please make sure you have the latest updates installed:

• Update Adobe Illustrator: Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Illustrator installed on your iPad. As of now, version 3.0.6 is the latest release. You can update the app through the App Store.

• Update iPadOS: Ensure that your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS. As of now, iPadOS 17.2 is the latest release.

Performing these updates should help resolve the reported issues with Illustrator on iPad. If you continue to experience problems after updating, please let me know.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or encounter additional issues, feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Both are updated but I am still facing this issue on the iPad Air 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @zainabskh,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes in Illustrator, especially in the middle of work. Would you mind checking if all of your work is synced online (https://adobe.ly/48D6tHP)? If yes, try deleting Illustrator, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/48D6tYl) and the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “Illustrator-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share a link to the file here or via DM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines