• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select multiple paths in Adobe illustrator iPad like desktop but without a keyboard

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to select multiple paths without a keyboard? Obviously I can draw a box to select multi-or paths but if I have a path under it I may not want to select that so the box select is not good for everything. I don't want to move the paths...I use pathfinder in my workflow and well I am unsure what to do. Seems like it be something very simple like using Apple Pencil in one hand and holding down with the other but that doesn't seem to work. If there is an answer I'd love to hear. Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

There should be a clear circle on your canvas which is called the touch shortcut.  Keeping the touch shortcut pressed while selecting paths allows you to select multiple paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Showing a screenshot if that helps...notice I can only select what I can draw a box around. I want to be able to select specific items but maybe not the bottom path. Must be a way to do this without the keyboard.F1918E02-9DA9-44BA-8158-D507654F8321.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the touch shortcut (press the clear circle) to select multiple items by tapping them, or you can go to the layers and press the touch shortcut to select individual items within layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "clear circle" do you mean the "elipital tool??  By multiple items do you mean paths?  That was a tad cryptic sounding. If you could clarify a bit, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a clear circle on your canvas which is called the touch shortcut.  Keeping the touch shortcut pressed while selecting paths allows you to select multiple paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this help page for more information on the touch shortcut (and many other details of the workspace in Illustrator for iPad):

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/workspace-on-iPad.html#Touchshortcut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines