Exit

The keyboard on IPad does not appear

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Im

since a few days from now, when I try to use he text tool, the keyboard doesn't appear, so basically I'm completely unable to write (or even edit previous texts).

Before this happened, If I pressed the keyboard button under the text area, an the keyboard appeared. Also if I double tapped the text.

Is someone else having  this same problem? How can I fix it!

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

I deleted the Illustrator app from my iPad and redownloaded it.  I now see the keyboard functioning as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

I found the solution. I go to "Setting on my iPad then find keyboard setting and delete current Keyboard is English (UK) and add with Malay keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you shut down the iPad and restart it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Already tried to shut down the IPad, but no luck 😞

Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some input elements in the bottom of your screen. What do they do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. When pressing the keyboard icon below the text box (image one) no keyboard option pops up. When pressing and holding the icon you are met with the text "show keyboard," but you are not redirected to the keyboard. In short, the button for the keyboard does not show no matter what you do to it. 16E45F9F-268D-4349-B40D-EFD371E5A15C.jpeg89920346-5F99-46A1-886B-3D849C75595E.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally have an external keyboard connected to my iPad, so I've generally just used that. But when you don't have one or it isn't connected:

When you tap the keyboard icon, the arrow should switch to pointing downward, and the properties panel should close. Then you should see the Apple Pencil icon.

01.png

Tap the Apple Pencil icon to open yet another panel that has a keyboard icon.

02.png

Tapping THAT keyboard icon brings up the on-screen keyboard.

03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Miguel Ángel5C7E  and @defaultlpj2j653wvmd , 

I got it work a slightly different way than Michael. I disconnected my external keyboard and put away my Pencil for testing purposes. My text frame looked like yours and I also had no keyboard.

EC22CD8E-CDFC-4DC7-B088-36FD52F4BDEE.jpeg

I then double-tapped the text and got the keyboard. The keyboard shows up when text is selected or I have an insertion point. It disappears when I tap away from the text and only have the frame selected with selection handles as in your screen shot.

E9C04AC4-0134-466F-8E25-7B72F06DFB18.png

Try selecting the text and let us know if the keyboard shows up.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the way it is supposed to work. this was not a solution to the indicated issue. you're just describing  the normal expected behavior for the keyboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the Illustrator app from my iPad and redownloaded it.  I now see the keyboard functioning as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Did you set the apps setting like tool bar position (on right)? I tried the delete-install method but its only ok for awhile. After that i realized i try reset the apps setting including tool bar position (on left) and its back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the keyboard shows can be dicey for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• in ipad gestures swipe from right corner opens up a quicknotes tab on the screen corner. press the text you want to edit on illustrator, then swipe from right corner to open quicknotes and tap on the tab on screen, keyboard will show up and then tap on the illustrator text and the keyboard will still be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. I go to "Setting on my iPad then find keyboard setting and delete current Keyboard is English (UK) and add with Malay keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohd29724365xha3 

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you, but would hesitate to say tha switching to the Malay keyboard would be the solution for all. It would not work for someone like me, for instance, who does not speak Malay (although I did visit Kuala Lumpur once.)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe ever going to fix this? Or are they too busy banking our subscription monies? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's any consolation, there is the ability to paste text in. My current workaround is to copy the text from my notes app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines