• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp text into a shape on Illustrator on iPad?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm very new to Illustrator and I only have it on the iPad. I am trying to get words into the shape of mountains. Every tutorial I have seen is on the desktop, and that does not help me because I cannot use those shortcuts. I think the part I am getting stuck at is the Envelope Distort part, because I haven't found it yet on the iPad. Any help? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This feature is not available in Illustrator on the iPad yet. However, we're working on it. I'd request that if you could take out a moment and post this as a feature request here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/. This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature & other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize. 

In the meanwhile, the document from iPad syncs automatically to the desktop, so you can use the desktop Ai t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no envelope distort in Illustratr on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This feature is not available in Illustrator on the iPad yet. However, we're working on it. I'd request that if you could take out a moment and post this as a feature request here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/. This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature & other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize. 

In the meanwhile, the document from iPad syncs automatically to the desktop, so you can use the desktop Ai to use these features.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you sorted that problem out yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Warp Tools" available in the desktop version are needed in the iPad application. I have read that canned reply that it's in the works for almost two years now. Being able to go to a clients office with an iPad and make spontanious adjustments to their project would be a huge advantage. Setting up a laptop and perifials to do the same is akward for all parties involved. The iPad version of Illustrator and Photoshop still lag woefully behind the competition after years of continued R&D. It's very frusterating. I have used Adobe products since Photoshop Ver. 3 and thought the migration to the iPad would be fabulous. Years later we still wait....and wait...for it to come up to speed with it's competition. Were it not for over thirty years of vested use of Adobe products and the teribites of files saved one would contemplate using the competitions applications for the iPad.

Here's hoping 2022 is the year that Adobe pulls it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious: Which vector app for the iPad supports envelopes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Designer does! They're always a couple steps ahead when it comes to ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Designer does! They're always a couple steps ahead when it comes to ipad.

By @Saulo Vilela

Affinity Designer introduced the feature in November. You m,ight have noticed that I posted the question in June, right?

As for the advanced features of Affinity Designer: maybe you can point me to their blend feature? Or their vector based brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i noticed that. But i thought it would be useful for someone else in case they're looking for the feature as i was.

You can totally make vector brushes there (Check this YT tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhUOn-VJSmo&ab_channel=Sophie%27stutorials). If that's the type of thing you're looking for. I've heard some people asking for 'true vector brushes',  but i'm not sure what they mean.

As for blend feature, they don't have it yet... But nor does Illustrator on the iPad... And if i would bet, i'd say Serif does it faster!

In this tutorial, I'm going to teach you how to create your own custom textured intensity brushes in the app Affinity designer on the iPad. I'll show you how to create some greek pattern brushes and with that method, you can create whatever brushes you like, for example, swirl brushes or brushes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can totally make vector brushes there (Check this YT tutorial

As for blend feature, they don't have it yet... But nor does Illustrator on the iPad... And if i would bet, i'd say Serif does it faster!

By @Saulo Vilela

I know how to use Affinity Designer, thank you very much and that's why I know that there are no true vector brushes (the shapres inside them need to be vector paths and also stay like that)

Illustrator on the iPad has a blend feature. Here is a tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/blend-objects-on-ipad.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see. Cool. Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boomer, I totally agree. I think you said it wonderfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I love how the last reply from adobe was about a year ago on this topic. They just need to tell us what is going on and not play the corporate /  branding / fake pr game. 😘

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I love how the last reply from adobe was about a year ago on this topic. They just need to tell us what is going on and not play the corporate /  branding / fake pr game. 😘

By @jonnygNYC

If you want to have new features and also want to discuss with the engineers, please do so on Uservoice. The engineers don't discuss in this forum, they are on Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really?! I'm not sure it works well bc here I am 15 months later and I just spent 5 hours of my life trying to watch some text on iPad. It kind of "follows a path " because t not so much. I'm tired af of having to pay for bc plus the desktop and mobile apps every month for these types of reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines