• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe illustrator keeps crashing on the iPad

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe Illustrator app for my iPad, it worked for 2 days. After that every time I click the app, it opens up for .2 seconds and then crashes immediately and doesn't let me open or use the app at all. I have reinstalled the app numerous times, each time it opens up to the log in page just fine, then the second I type in my log in information and it realizes it's me, it shuts down immediately and continues to not let me even open it. I check for updates every day this past week, and nothing. It works perfectly fine on my laptop. I have no idea where to go from here.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

It seems I've solved. Instead of deleting the app only I deleted the app and data (my documents are stored on cloud) and reinstalled AI. It asked me to log in with my CC account and bang! It works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

I had the same issue, my fix was simple, just had to update my iPad software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Hi @amyh288551234h7d,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing crash issues with Ai on your iPad. Adobe Illustrator on the iPad currently does not support iPadOS 17 beta. I would recommend rolling back to iPadOS 16.6, as Illustrator will be compatible with the official release of iPadOS 17, which is expected later this year.

To downgrade to iOS 16.6, you can follow the steps outlined in the Apple support article provided here: . Additionally, you can reach out to Apple Support fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 1.1 has been released 11/8/2020, maybe this fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled it and reinstalled the latest version yesterday, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunate.  What kind of iPad and what version of iOS are you running? Also, do you have a creative cloud account with the desktop version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a cc account, and I'm running latest version of pados on a 2020 ipad (not the most recent one). But agai, it worked for months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm using the latest version of Illustrator on my iPad Pro 2020 11" version. It worked fine before but after closing the app and opening it again, it crashes. Similar people have experienced this. What we have all in common is that we are using an enterprise account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I've solved. Instead of deleting the app only I deleted the app and data (my documents are stored on cloud) and reinstalled AI. It asked me to log in with my CC account and bang! It works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Наталья26968188q8h8,

Thanks for reaching out & trying out the suggestions. Would you mind confirming the iPad model, generation & OS version?

Ensure that you are using the latest version of iPadOS. If you are still on the latest iPad OS version, then we'd need the crash logs, which you could share with me over a Private message.

How to look for the crash logs:
Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics and Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like "adobe illustrator***.ips. That's the log file; please share it over DM.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue on my iPad. For the life of me I can not get into the actual canvas. Every time I try to start, by creating a new document, the spinner comes up and never goes away. I have to force quit the application. Please help I and others whom are having this same problem would love to use illustrator on the go. Thank you Very much I look forward to being able to use this application 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problems. i have tried to sign out my apple id and reinstall AI on the ipad. Still the same problm. i couldnt go to canvas. its really annoying. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @23652640wbna @Bruinier2642012956ty,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact model of your iPad, the version of the iPadOS / Illustrator installed on your device, and a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, my fix was simple, just had to update my iPad software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hank28109256hq9b,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your fix. 
Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the iPadOS17 Beta on my ipad pro and Illustrator crashes every time I try to open it. Is there a fix for using Illustrator on the beta? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @amyh288551234h7d,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing crash issues with Ai on your iPad. Adobe Illustrator on the iPad currently does not support iPadOS 17 beta. I would recommend rolling back to iPadOS 16.6, as Illustrator will be compatible with the official release of iPadOS 17, which is expected later this year.

To downgrade to iOS 16.6, you can follow the steps outlined in the Apple support article provided here: . Additionally, you can reach out to Apple Support for further assistance with the downgrade process. They will be able to guide you through the steps and ensure a smooth transition to the earlier iOS version.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank U but i still asking why photoshop still working is their any reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a different app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines