Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebGL is supported, but Illustrator Web does say otherwise

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, dear Adobe Community,

I just bought the Adobe suite and wanted to use Illutrator inside Google Chrome (Version 125). My browser does support WebGL (Photoshop and Lightroom work without issues) but still, I get this error message:

WebGL isn't supported or is disabled
We can't open this file because WebGL isn't supported or is disabled, in your browser

LucaEtienne368015848qpz_0-1713368824246.png

I do work on ChromeOS Version 125, WebGL is working just fine on my end. Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround for this issue?

The attachments contains the `chrome://gpu` log file if a dev wants to take a look.

Thanks in advance,

Luca Etienne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luca Etienne Schulz,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind checking this article and trying the steps suggested: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/web/troubleshoot-web-faq.html#chrome, and see if that helps?

Thanks for sharing the file. We'll share that with the team for further investigation.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I already followed the FAQ before writing this article, yes. 🙂

Edit: Also, I noticed that I'm not the only one with this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-on-the-web-beta-discussions/webgl-is-supported-on-my-chro...

Thanks,

Luca Etienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I'm on Linux and using Chrome latest version (124.0.6367.201)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebGL is supported (see screenshot):

Screenshot 2024-04-04 10.45.34 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-04 10.46.24 AM.png

But Adobe says it isn't:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matthew36530309rhuf , which browser and system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I have the same problem, despite the updates of Chrome and ChromeOS still the same problem on my Chromebook Acer Vero 514

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I followed all the steps in the FAQ, made sure my drivers and browser were up to date (they were) & still- no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe support,

I opened this issue in mid-April. It's now mid-July and it hasn't been resolved - which is fine. Development takes time and ChromeOS does not have a huge market share. I understand that from a development and ticket resolution standpoint. But on the other hand, how is it going to get a bigger market share if ChromeOS is treated like an unwanted child?

I have paid - and others have paid - a lot of money to use your product.

By now I get the following error message:

Unsupported browser

To open this document in Illustrator on the web, switch to the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on a desktop or laptop device on Windows or Mac. Or, select continue to view and comment on the document in Files.

Now this sounds different to "WebGL isn't supported or is disabled". So now Adobe tells me it's an issue on my end, not on your end. We can't/don't want to fix this bug so let's tell the user to switch to Windows or macOS. Yes, sure. You might want to say that before you charge people a lot of money. I find this kind of behaviour frustrating.

I know @HARSHIKA_VERMA, it's not your fault but… Adobe: not nice.

Chrome & ChromeOS 128.0.6582.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luca Etienne Schulz, so sorry you're dealing with this still. I'm curious are you only subscribed to Illustrator on the Web or do you also have access to Photoshop on the Web? If so, are you running into the same issues there?
@HARSHIKA_VERMA could you please provide an update on this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jess Telmanik,

I was subscribed to the entire Adobe suite, including everything that could be included. I took my chance of frustration and made sure I cancelled my subscription.

But yes, Lightroom and Photoshop on Web does work on ChromeOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be an easy fix. Each Chromebook comes with a built-in Chrome web browser.

Chrome web browser is listed as supported for Illustrator.

WebGL is supported in Chrome OS as Chromebooks use Chrome web browser 

The problem here is most likely that Illustrator developers forgot to include Chrome OS as a supported operating system, so when Illustrator for the Web checks OS requirements, Chromebooks report back "Chrome OS 14541.0.0" which is not listed as supported.

This can be checked on the What's My Browser website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
User guide