Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow ghost box and gradient print colour issues

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having trouble printing drop shadows, there is a miscoloured box that appears behind the objects when printed. What is the best fix for this?

Also, when printing gradients my background colour is being effected.

I have attached some images to help. The artwork is suppose to be the darker green at the bottom of each image.

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

There have been more reports of discolored backgrounds.

Monika Gause had an answer that might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/transparent-jpeg-images-when-printed-has-colour-washed-border/m-p/9727693?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your printer, print settings, system info, color management and so on this is not going anywhere. the simple answer most likely is that you are making am esss by not suing CM (or using it wrongly) vs. your printer settings plus potentially lack of calibration. On that note: The forum currently has issues, so your images don't download. If you feel they are still relevant even despite what I already wrote, provide them from an external source like Google Drive.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

I would of thought it is a generic problem someone has had before. It seems experience here is the key, if you have none please don't post on threads as it could come across as rude.

I do not use google drive, so until Adobe sorts itself out you are going to have to wait. However im sure I could find better help elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been more reports of discolored backgrounds.

Monika Gause had an answer that might help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/transparent-jpeg-images-when-printed-has-colour-washed-bo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines