Any solution for that?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

This issue is caused due to one of the PDF preset using custom Flattener preset. Users who run into this issue can try the following and update us in the comment

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps

1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: %appdata%\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe PDF/Settings
  2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
  3. Launch Illustrato

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be specific (for Mac Users), the Library folder in your USER folder is where you'll find these, not the Root Library folder... User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, tried all of these steps and it did NOT work. Still can only save files as .EPS or PDF. With all due respect, it's a huge fail to publish an update that does not allow an application to save any file in its native file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the 24.01 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build  24.0.1 and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i can confirm that the bug is STILL present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for this to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade to the latest version (24.0.1 at least) and reset your preferences (that is important)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed in the latest update, as claimed and the suggested work around doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that it is still not fixed for you. It looks like one-on-one support will be able to help you best. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resetting the PDF presets - no change.

Found that having the file selected in Finder while in Preview mode was causing the issue.

We tried saving after changing the finder window to another mode and it was successful.

We tried reproducing the issue by selecting the open file if finder while in preview mode and received the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this and let me know if this fix works for you.

• Launch Illustrator
    • Open preference by pressing “Cmd+K”
  • select "File Handling & Clipboard"
    • uncheck "Optimize File Open and Save Time on Slow Networks"
    • uncheck "Save in Background
    • Click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me the other work around for the "Setting.old" folder did not not work but this did! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone throught the steps, but once I look in my Presets folder it is just outright empty, I have no presets to move. I still cannot save.

My version is Windows 2015.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. The issue mentioned above was reported in version 2020 and is totally different from general Save issues. I would request if you could create a new thread and share the following information:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Can you save other files like PDF/ EPS/ SVG?
  • Where the files are being saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

Also, I am locking this conversation as this is an old thread and the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines