• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.3.1 update - GPU performance greyed out after using outline mode.

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

Just upgraded from version 25.2.3 to 25.3.

Upone further inspection, once I enter outline mode (Ctrl-Y), "View using GPU" is greyed out and the performance slows to a crawl.  I updated my video card drivers as well and that does not seem to help

It's as if it's stuck using the CPU view - not the GPU.

The only fix is the roll back to the 25.2.3 update.

Anyone other than me having this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We're currently investigating this issue. Please upvote this here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42443869-view-using-gpu-gets-greyed-out-permanently-with-ou ) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

I can confirm update 26.2.1 works as intended.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Hi @jane-e . The problem was solved with this update. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Are you using M1 or Intel processor? We would appreciate if you could share the logs using Log Collector tool on DM. This will help us investigate the issue & assist you accordingly. 

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Proffesional (Intel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please confirm if you have submitted the logs using the log collector tool? If yes, you might have received an email with a log number. It looks something like this AdobeLogs_XXXXXXX_XXXX_XX-win.zip. Kindly share that log number with us. It will help us find the logs and assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen on a specific document or with complex artwork?  

Have you tried that on a new empty document with basic shapes ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occured with all documents.  The only fix wsa to roll back to the 25.2.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fixed in version 23, looks like 25.3 brought that back. You may want to roll back to 25.2.3 if this is important to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct.  I rolled back to the 25.2.3 and all is well.  It's been working fine since I posted this on 6/25/21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultm9dbyq5hl1q6 — you just saved me a lot of headache. Thank you!!!

This same issue is happening to me on an Intel Mac Big Sur 11.4. Illustrator was running dramatically slower in all cases, and files that natively opened in outline mode were functionally unusable, because I couldn't get out of outline mode. Unfortunately, this reset all my preferences, which is a huge bummer and waste of time just to get back to functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Groovy.  Let's hope they fix it soon 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Creative Cloud and navigate to Adobe Illustrator.  Click on the 3 dots next to Illustrator and select 'Other Versions'.  If you have version 25.3.1 installed, you'll have to unistall then reinstall version 25.2.3.

defaultm9dbyq5hl1q6_1-1625583449409.png

defaultm9dbyq5hl1q6_2-1625583506021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - I can't get out of CPU viewing with the most recent update. I use the space-command (left/right mouse zoom) all the time and now i can't and its driving me crazy.., and slowind down our production.., Im rolling back now.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lastest Illustrator update (25.3.1) GPU preview stops working in outline preview, and will continue to be in CPU mode after switching back to normal preview mode. Restarting Illustrator helps (until I use outline preview again).

Exactly this was a problem (for me) in earlier versions about a year ago, but was fixed.

Now it seems the problem is back unfortunately.

Windows 10 Pro

Illustrator 25.3.1 (64-bit)

Driver[0] Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Driver[0] Driver Version: 27.21.14.6589

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after upgrading to 25.3.1, my gpu view is greyed out, and i am only getting cpu performance.

gpu performance is turned on.

i have a compatible amd radeon pro 580x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and resolved with a restart. sorry for the doom and gloom.

strange that it was necessary? still possibly a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AL ,

Thanks for reporting this issue . Glad to hear that the issue was resolved at your end after restart , but that is not expected. Kindly reach out to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com if the issue is again reproduced at your end.

Warm regards,

Aishwarya G Gadodia

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aishwaryagadodia369 wrote:

Aishwarya G Gadodia

Illustrator Team

Hi @aishwaryagadodia369 

Do you work for Adobe? If you do you should have an Adobe badge identifying you. I'll report this to the Back Room.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alex eben meyer ,

Thanks for reporting this issue . Glad to hear that the issue was resolved at your end after restart , but that is not expected. Kindly reach out to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com if the issue is again reproduced at your end.

Warm regards,

Aishwarya G Gadodia

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else having GPU preview problems with the latest update in illustrator.  I am running an Imac Pro / 2015 Mac Book Proo and and 2019 mac book pro all of them cannot preview properly with GPU selected. And without is sellected the files are imposibbly slow to refresh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file or all? Are these files saved on a network drive or locally? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Additionally, I'd suggest you to try the steps given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if that help. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We're currently investigating this issue. Please upvote this here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42443869-view-u... ) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this "fix" does not work. need to downvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines