Illustrator Flickering Workspace Background

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I move my mouse on some of my Illustrator files, the background grey flicks between two shades of grey really fast and it hurts my eyes. I've recently just converted over to a new Apple Mac Mini with an M1 chip, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it (not sure if the issue is related to GPU or not). It also happens when I zoom in and out too. The only way to make it go away is to close and reopen the document. It will be fine for a while and then it will start up again. Again, not on on all documents, and not all of the time, just sometimes and it's just a minor inconvenience! I've attached a little screen recording as an example. 

I've done lots of searching and I can't find any resolutions yet, I'm thinking it's just a bug. Unless I'm wording this all wrong! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (M1 MacBook Air). I think this usually happens after the computer wakes up from sleep although it could just be coincidental. Restarting (or reopening the document) solves this so I'm not too concerned. Must be a GPU Preview glitch specific to the M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, do you use an external screen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to reset Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have, and it still happens again eventually. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to open your files on another computer and see if the same problem occurs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done so and no the same problem does not occur on my older Macbook Air. That's why I'm thinking it is a GPU issue with the new M1 chip maybe. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines