• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Layer Styles Missing

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add a drop shadow to an object in Illustrator CC. Most of the forums I've read say to select the object/layer and go to the layer styles button that looks like an FX at the top of the layer panel. My layer panel does not have this button. I was also told to go to effect > stylize > drop shadow, but there is no drop shadow option.

Either how to do I add a drop shadow without either of these options or how do I find my layer styles button.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hey,

Make sure you go to the right "Stylize" option in the Illustrator Effects. There are two of them. One Illustrator effect and one Photoshop effect. See the screenshot below. So go to Effect > take the first Stylize > Drop Shadow, and not the second one

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-28 om 18.44.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop we ise the term “ layer style” but In illustrator there is “graphic style”

you can apply drop shadow from :

effect-> stylize -> drop shadwo

or for the appearance panel ( window -> appearance)

In this window, you can add or edit effects (fx) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Make sure you go to the right "Stylize" option in the Illustrator Effects. There are two of them. One Illustrator effect and one Photoshop effect. See the screenshot below. So go to Effect > take the first Stylize > Drop Shadow, and not the second one

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-28 om 18.44.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello how can i make a golden color in illustrator. for photoshop when you go to layer style and choose gradient overlay then u can easily choose from gradient and keep changing colors to make gold one. please how is it done in AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apply a gradient to your objects. There are metallic gradients in the swatches libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing that out.  As a newbie and trying to self educate in these adobe software programs, it is nice to have a simple solution for my oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines