Illustrator line art to svg continuous line art

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There must be a way to do this. I have line art illustrations. I need to export as an svg but combine all my various pen tool lines into one contineous line so the whole illustration can be animated in simple CSS. (ie filled with a color) This isn't a converstion question so much as a how to combine all the lines into the one line.

Here's an example of one of the drawings. This is a png but that's not important.

https://imgur.com/KTxvWwz

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export, Scripting, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2020
darrellt80312150 Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2020
Yeah. I was hoping for a magic bullet. Pathfinder can't do what I'd like.  I'm just going to redraw as I need to. Thank you kindly.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want this to be just 1 line? That's not possible.

There cannot be Y-connections (with 3 path segments joining)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asuming "line" means "object", you can do that. Select all of the shapes and use Pathfinder > Unite.

As Monika says, you can't have this shape as a single line, but you could convert it to one conncected object or even a compound path.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I was hoping for a magic bullet. Pathfinder can't do what I'd like.  I'm just going to redraw as I need to. Thank you kindly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Man,

I was having a lot of the same issues and I fixed it by selecting all the elements and selecting object>flatten transparancy.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
darrellt80312150 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll try it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines