Highlighted

Importing Arabic text into Illustrator

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I am doing a job that is being produced in many languages and have been given translations (in a Word doc) to be placed in an Illustrator art file.  A simple copy/paste is reversing all the Arabic text. I have specified Indic Options in preferences. In Illustrator Paragraph settings, I specified Arabic. I am not seeing the text direction option to switch in paragraph settings. That might be the fix (?).  Reflecting text is not working, nor would it be condusive for the project. In the word doc, the type is specified as Arial.  I have CC20 so all my software is up-to-date. Any ideas how to get this to work? THANKS!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Arabic text into Illustrator

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I am doing a job that is being produced in many languages and have been given translations (in a Word doc) to be placed in an Illustrator art file.  A simple copy/paste is reversing all the Arabic text. I have specified Indic Options in preferences. In Illustrator Paragraph settings, I specified Arabic. I am not seeing the text direction option to switch in paragraph settings. That might be the fix (?).  Reflecting text is not working, nor would it be condusive for the project. In the word doc, the type is specified as Arial.  I have CC20 so all my software is up-to-date. Any ideas how to get this to work? THANKS!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To handle Right-to-Left languages such as Arabic properly, you need to get a Middle Eastern version of Illustrator. Just download another Illustrator application of an older version as directed in the links provided up here by "charu16" to insert Arabic text in the file by either going "File > Place" to place the text, or Copy/Paste, however, I strongly recommend the first method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have the same problem, illustrator CC20 and I'm not able to see Arabic text, even using adobe Arabic, which is an open type.

I followed all the steps in the guide, but I can't see Arabic option, neither in carachter nor in paragraph windows. It doesn't work. I can't believe it. I see squares instead of Arabic text.

I have to do a multi language packaging with Arabic too and I'm going crazy.

is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 4.52.35 PM.png

Do you see the type tool named "Right-To-Left Type Tool" in your tools panel? If not, then you have to follow the instructions here…

1.jpg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view all installed Adobe applications
  2. Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
  3. Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
  4. Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled/removed, click on the gear symbol on top of the Creative Cloud desktop application2.jpg
  5. In the newly opened dialogue window, click on “Apps” in the left pane
  6. Now, choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click Done button.

Now you may proceed to install Adobe applications once again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0