• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update for Illustrator - 24.0.1

Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The latest release for Illustrator (24.0.1) is live now. In this release, we fixed some stability issues reported after the MAX release. 

In this release, we fixed some stability issues reported after the MAX release. 

Please check this link for the list of fixed issues in this release.

If you don't see the update, check and follow the steps suggested here.

Thanks,

Om

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator dissapeared. It is no longer on my desktop and I can't open it via the creative cloud window it says cancelling?

What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error when Illustrator is updating to this new version. I've tried again and same thing. Any suggestions, please?

Exit Code: 145
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 5 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator24-Core', version:24.0.1.341
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator24-Core Version: 24.0.1.341). Error code: '145'
ERROR: Failed to rename path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx'. LastError: 2
ERROR: Failed to rename path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx'. LastError: 2
ERROR: Failed to rename path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx'. LastError: 2
ERROR: Failed to rename path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx'. LastError: 2
WARN: Uninstall data 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-Core_24.0.0.330.pimx' could not be found, Warning (Code = 134)
WARN: Uninstall data 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-en_US_24.0.0.330.pimx' could not be found, Warning (Code = 134)
WARN: Failed to rename existing uninstall xml 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-Settings_24.0.0.330.pimx'
WARN: Failed to rename existing uninstall xml 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_24_0_1_AdobeIllustrator24-BridgeSupport_24.0.0.330.pimx'
WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a way around this yet, or a fix? I'm stuck in the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the error. Solution was to shutdown my computer and turn back on. Made same error go away. I'm on Windows 7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see the update on my computer and the suggested steps you linked on didn't change anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

The update is being rolled out in phases. Please wait for a few days for the update. In the meanwhile, you can also check it in the pre-release. Visit - https://www.adobeprerelease.com/ or check the steps mentioned in this UserVoice discussion - https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38961718-ai-2020-v-24-u...

Thanks, 

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit any of my fonts. I can only change the color but all other illustrator and photoshop effects are grayed out. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a drawing I've been working on for my art final, it says "This project was created by a more recent version of Adobe Illustrator Draw and can't be opened in this version".  I cant even duplicate the project!!  PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem which started last week. I would do an illustration and save as .ai and then when I want to open it again the following error message appears:
The file was generated by a newer version of Illustrator. Would you like to import this file? Some data loss may occur.

When I open the file it treats it as if it is a pdf with all artwork on only 1 layer.

PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had same problem. First I had problem knowing on the Adobe creative cloud interface which versions of adobe photoshop and illustrator was installed. It did not correspond to programs on my compuer widows 10. Then Adobe did it for me but I only wanted the last versions of both if they worked. They installed two. Adobe helped system recognize the file formats from illu and also photoshop. I stared working on last version illustrator. All those files I couldnt open the other day so I have to get back to last version of previous Illustrator. Now I will work in previous version Illustrator and photoshop going forward. I tried open via pdf and If you dont care about editing you can use them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.0.1 quit unexpectedly 4 times today... quite annoying, CC2019 was rock solid.

Sent the report each time.

MacOS 10.15.1 Catalina

MacBook Pro 16"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now none of our designers who have used 2020 can have their files opened up by users running 2019 or earlier without losing significant parts of their files in the process.

All running Mojave. Files open fine in 2020, in earlier versions they ask for an import function and that is where the data is lost (so artboards, etc). My day just got exponentially bad and now I'm running around turning off auto-update so that the whole design desk is not affected and can keep running.

Golf claps to Adobe for ruining such a simple thing like having 23.x being able to open 24.x files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is still 24.0, I just manually check for updates, but they arent there. 24.0 is a bit buggy:

- I often got an error cant save the file, both Mac (High Sierra) and PC (Windows 10, reinstalled completely last week)

- I got an error while copying objecs outside Illustrator The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANF], I tried to delete preferences but it didnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix unknown  error while file saving! There's something wrong with pdf presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a job done with the new Illustrator and I can't agree to modify it because it tells me it will be available in a few days. I need it urgently. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's the update or not, but it wasn't a problem two days ago. When I am working with the pen tool an anchor point is added like a clicked my mouse, even though I didn't click my mouse, every twenty seconds or so while I am working. It has made the program completely unusable. Was it the update? If not what do you think it could be? What can I do to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Illustrator 24.0 has error when saving file. "An unknown error has occured". Fails to save - created document or new document or any other document. I restarted iMac, updated OS, tried v23 of Illustrator, but this keeps crashing. It happened suddenly. Any help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSCatalina 10.15.1 (19B88)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you configured everything in a way that Illustrator is allowed to write to your disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not an issue because I tried to save file as .eps and this works. Saving as .ai is problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are not using version 24.0.1? Because this thread is about that version.

Try the steps with the PDF presets outlined here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38961718-ai-2020-v-24-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, 24.0.1 is a completely different beast than 14.0. The speed difference is insane. Has the same spunkiness as Photoshop 21.0.1. InDesign, on the otherhand, 15.0, is a complete carcrash. Awaiting with bated breath for 15.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why release to the community something if it is not ready... ?

I went to use Illustrator but it forced me to update... now I have NO Illustrator as it wont load/install due to continual Error 145. I follow the help but that doesn't work either as I AM the admin of the system but Adobe tells me otherwise.

For god sake the amount we are paying for this product you think you could have some better help and correct release.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines